Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th April 2018, 19:00   #1
RattyB
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default Fan problem...

Hi all

I have the original MGR 2 speed fan fitted to my RV8. It has been upgraded to gold resistor specification. I have a problem with it, and before I take it to an auto electrician I was hoping obtain some possible causes as to the problem

I thought I had lost my low speed fan again, and that the new resistor was U/S. I did the demist test, and the fan goes straight into high speed. The same thing happens if I turn on the a/c: straight into high speed.

However yesterday I was idling the car and running the system on econ mode (ac off). I was faffing with the climate temp controls when the low speed fan cut it, did it thing for thirty 30 seconds, and switched off again. That would suggest there is nothing wrong with the resistor.

Any idea whats a foot here? The fan low/high speed fan seems fine with the a/c off, but with it on it want's to stay in high speed. It has been suggested that it's a gateway ecu problem, but I can't find anything that mentions that as a possible cause.
RattyB is offline   Reply With Quote