Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd July 2020, 08:42   #11
newhavenhibby
Avid contributor

JDM Subaru Legacy GTB6 twin turbo,, JDM Subaru Impreza WRX

You must stop driving these high performance cars.

When I was getting insurance for my Subaru Impreza 300 (Richard Burns WRC celebration car) , SAGA were the cheapest option by far.
Old 3rd July 2020, 12:00   #12
sean75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6

I recently was shopping around for insurance for my new Volvo and obtained a quote from Saga which looked quite good. When I tried to buy the message came back that they could not offer insurance at this time??

I called to find out why and was met with a rude, uninterested individual who was only interested in reading a script not answering my questions.

All that glitters etc...
sean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 13:48   #13
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Agree the "industry" is chaotic. This years renewal is with an insurer that previously would not cover me and the best quote (accepted) was from an insurer who would not even quote last year. All hiding behind the Broker, of course now.

What is this? Support the Brokers including their commissions? Yet others promote "direct" with the insurers themselves and sometime back both approaches.

Much better when I was able to talk directly to the Lloyds broker known to me!

Its all mad isn't it?

They can quote post codes, age range of driver, male or female, occupation etc etc till the cows come home but I just don't see when on the comparison sites the rationale of quotes ranging from £280 to £4,000.

BTW I always have a good laugh at Saga quotes for myself I've never had one for less that £850 whereas my current one is £280 for context.

That surprisingly is for the AA which I understand has been amalgamated with Saga for a number of years now.

So figure that one out.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:14   #14
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
The whole insurance industry needs a massive shake up & the government should put pressure on them to do so in my opinion.
I could not agree more. Just put the KV6 Connie on the road. I was quoted nearly £1000 comprehensive. Ended up paying £516 to General Accident. I don’t know why we, this club of ours, has not got an arrangement with a decent insurer for a reduction in rates to anyone in the club. Other clubs that formed as breakaway clubs from ours seem to be on the ball with a reduction in rates for insurance. Answers on a postcard to all those that could help to arrange this perk for the participants in the club.

Last edited by bl52krz; 3rd July 2020 at 14:17..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:28   #15
sean75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 V6

How about this for madness then....
As I said before I was getting quotes for our new car which had yet to be registered. Quotemehappy were our existing provider so online only but no problem...or so I thought.
No option online to change vehicle as not registered and details wouldn't input manually then emailed QMH with the details which they could not input either and gave up saying that the underwriters wouldn't provide a quote, however.....I had already obtained one from QMH via GoCompare!! Their reposte to this was "well you wouldn't have been able to buy it anyway"!!

Thankfully I had already jumped ship and gone with LV.

They make up their own rules and then bend those.
sean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 16:30   #16
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Just reinsurered my wife's car with Churchill original Churchill quote £318 cheapest online search engines gave £245 ish.
Phoned Churchill to leave "can I requote you sir " yes you can only change was mileage down from 6000 to 5000 and the new price £242 so i renewed there and then cant belive saving £70 quid for 1000 less miles

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 18:53   #17
Gunnerhavesome
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Con SE, Range Rover P38 4.6 for my Russian winter home

Location: France Feb to October/Sevastopol Crimea November to Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I've recently moved the old man's insurance from Saga, to Hastings direct, £293 as opposed to £449......better cover and a cheaper excess.

Brian
Thats who I am with now, have looked after me very well especially during a breakdown in France last year.
Gunnerhavesome is offline   Reply With Quote