Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th January 2023, 11:46   #171
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2roverman View Post
However I resent the £300+ anual road tax especially as my wife's petrol car is free despite a CO2 emission half my Rover. In my view her car tax should be £150, half of mine.

Oh for the days of just one or two bands. A work colleague had a 1.8/2.0 litre VW diesel and paid £30 VED. That was scandoulous but Nox and CO2 are treated differently in that they still underestimate the effects of diesel emmisions. No way did his vehicle meet the "lower" emissions as the model/engine was involved in dieselgate. I don't think the "lying" resulted in any penalties as Mutti persuaded Cameron to take no action! Pah!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2023, 15:27   #172
PetrolFeet
Regular poster

rover 75 kv6

You all remember the cash for scrapping cars boolacks?
You all know about electric cars getting a govt subsidy?
People rich enough to buy a new car are getting a subsidy, while poorer motorists find many of the cars in their price range have been scrapped EVEN THOUGH MANY OF THEM WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR YEARS!
You all know the current (and previous, and the one before that) govt are all Tory?
Getting the poor to subsidise the rich, pah!
How about the govt paying part costs to convert old cars to electric?
Imagine if your 75 or ZT could be electrified for like £1000 all in?
Imagine NOT buying a new electric car! Imagine reducing pollution by not making the electric cars in the first place! Imagine upgrading ALL ICE cars to electric, rather than scrapping them!

The problem is Toryism (IMHO).
PetrolFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2023, 15:37   #173
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolFeet View Post
People rich enough to buy a new car are getting a subsidy, while poorer motorists find many of the cars in their price range have been scrapped EVEN THOUGH MANY OF THEM WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR YEARS!
You all know the current (and previous, and the one before that) govt are all Tory?
Imagine NOT buying a new electric car! Imagine reducing pollution by not making the electric cars in the first place! Imagine upgrading ALL ICE cars to electric, rather than scrapping them!

Imagine scrapping the ridiculous concept of forcing electric cars on the market, and forcing off all alternatives.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2023, 17:43   #174
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:

You are obviously not serious and believe in conspiracy theories.

The grants for scrapping cars is to try to get the general public to change their buying habits. The cars that were being scrapped were at the low value end eg £2500. So if you had a car worth £5000 you would just resell it not scrap it.
Their are approx 30 million cars in the UK. Say the cost of converting a car to electric is £5000 (probably a gross under estimate when you look at the design effort needed to convert each different model) then that is a cost tothe government of £150 billion. You do realise the country's debt is £2.5 trillion.
Where are you going to get all the lithium from? 30 million cars all looking for charging points!!!!
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2023, 16:09   #175
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:

#
Wow, you must write for the Daily Mail under the pen name of Tom Rawstorne (DM 27/01/2023).

Nothing to do with Toryism I believe. All parties thrash the working man and all parties stick their snout in the gravy train and sit on the money train.

Kev
Old 27th January 2023, 16:36   #176
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
You're kidding right? the fuel for the ship to transport the lithium over here costs more than that!
Old 27th January 2023, 17:11   #177
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Renault are offering retrofits to it's iconic models with a price tag between €11.900 up to €30.000 fitted & they're one of the cheapest https://www.electrive.com/2023/01/26...rs-to-turn-ev/

Sheffield CAZ goes live in a months time on the 27th February with Petrol & diesel vehicles having to be Euro 4 & Euro 6 compliant respectively. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/env...ive-next-month

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2023, 18:53   #178
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
Bristol’s ULEZ came into force last Nov. Luckily both my Late(ish) ZT (1.8) and 25 (1.6) are compliant. My concern is they start to screw down the emission requirements as time goes on…

I was surprised and pleased to find my 2001 2-litre V6 is complient, but the 2.5 litre is not.
Hopefully that will remain the situation for all other ULEZ zones currently planned

Otherwise I will have to get my Dolomite Sprint back on the road, as over 40 years old none of these restrictions apply.

Last edited by p2roverman; 27th January 2023 at 18:55.. Reason: adding information
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2023, 11:56   #179
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2roverman View Post
Otherwise I will have to get my Dolomite Sprint back on the road, as over 40 years old none of these restrictions apply.
Get the Dolly out man and stop messing around. Ensure it is registered as Historic.
What type of interior did it/does have?

Kev