Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th April 2021, 09:12   #251
Mr Toad
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V8 tourer & MG ZTT & MG RV8

Thanks for your response. DMGRS told me on the 17th March that the metal thermostats would be available in two to three weeks.They now say that there are machininig issues and I have tried to press them to give me an ETA having been waiting since January without any success. You say that the delay is caused by postal difficulties and they should be available in 20 days is that a realistic time frame.

Martin
Mr Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2021, 05:22   #252
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad View Post
Thanks for your response. DMGRS told me on the 17th March that the metal thermostats would be available in two to three weeks.They now say that there are machininig issues and I have tried to press them to give me an ETA having been waiting since January without any success. You say that the delay is caused by postal difficulties and they should be available in 20 days is that a realistic time frame.

Martin
That was the plan, and they are correct. However in the wake of the panic around Covid, there have been anomalies, disruptions and subsequent delays. The hold up is always machining, as the process needs to be done in batches, otherwise set-up becomes a problem. However the latest delay has been too hot casting sand delivered to the foundry. The sand would not cool sufficiently in their silos to make reliable casting shapes for the smaller castings, as the glue they mix into the sand would set too quickly making them brittle.
I can tell you that the blanks have now been completed last week, and have been sent for sand blasting and chemical sealing. We should receive them this week and the time of 20 days is currently realistic.
Old 19th April 2022, 11:49   #253
Vifor

Rover 75 saloon

Hi. Are metal housings still available?
Thanks
Vifor is offline   Reply With Quote