Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th August 2018, 09:23   #1
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Default Try to help but get told to pay traders fees?

Every time there has been something I have wanted to try and help with on this forum in the past, I have been reluctant to do so because as soon as someone does they get told they have to pay traders fees!

Right so, I have the VT4, can do ZCS coding, 116 to 135, 160 to 177. And coding in things such as BBUS, Cruise etc. This is not my main source on income, and would only be able to do it occasionally if someone really needed it doing.

I saw the T4 map had gone up so got in touch with Steve about going on the map (can't fault the guy, this post isn't aimed at him in any way!). To be told that the people higher up have said that I can't be listed because I don't pay traders fees.

Just to make it clear, I wouldn't be pushing services, wouldn't be putting threads up saying I offer this and that. All I wanted was to be put on the map as there isn't really anyone around the midlands that is offering to plug a T4 into peoples cars. I just thought it would be nice for people around here to know that someone is more local if they wanted something as simple as giving the car a quick health check. Testing fan speeds. Checking injector compensation etc.

With this club quite often if anyone tries to offer something to people they immediately get told to stop or pay traders fees. I didn't think the point of a car club is for people to make money? I thought it was to try and help each other with common issues and sources to parts. And possible ways to have parts re-manufactured that are no longer available.

Does everyone think that this is a fair thing to do?