Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th July 2008, 18:53   #11
brum29
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer 2L CDT Club SE 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
The smilies issue button could be to do with your browser not allowing pop-up windows. Do you have any anti-advert software running, there may be an option within your browser for this too. Usually you can set the software you use to allow pop-up windows from the club URL (ie the www.the75andztclub.co.uk). We do not have any pop-up advertisements or marketing stuff on this site so you can safely allow pop-ups from us.

The image uploading from Photobucket may be a remnant of our move to the new servers. Have you tried uploading a new one in the last few hours?
Hi Simon, managed to disable pop-ups in Norton and smilies work now, thanks. Photobucket thingy still not working though, have tried several downloads in the last few minutes. No speaky techy please.
brum29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 18:56   #12
Simon
Banned

-

Can you upload a picture into a post? The problem may lye within the fact there are constraints on how big an image you can have for your avatar. The maximum size is 100x100 pixels and no more than 19.5KB in size (or whatever is smaller between the two restrictions).

If you think your pic is not the right size then post it in a reply in this thread and I'll take a look at it for you and adjust if required
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2008, 19:08   #13
brum29
Passed Away

Quote:
Can you upload a picture into a post? The problem may lye within the fact there are constraints on how big an image you can have for your avatar. The maximum size is 100x100 pixels and no more than 19.5KB in size (or whatever is smaller between the two restrictions).

If you think your pic is not the right size then post it in a reply in this thread and I'll take a look at it for you and adjust if required

This is the one simon, it works here but not as an avatar
Old 9th July 2008, 19:32   #14
Simon
Banned

-

The problem is that it's a little too big (file size wise) for use as an avatar. I'm currently trying to optimize it so it fits within the constraints of the avatar specifications.
Old 9th July 2008, 19:39   #15
brum29
Passed Away

When you say file size wise is that not the same as pixel size as it's only 100 x 75 and it says on the avatar 100 x 100
Old 9th July 2008, 20:02   #16
Simon
Banned

-

Those are the dimensions (ie size it takes up on the screen) by file size I mean the actual physical space it occupies on a hard drive. The limit for an avatar is 19.5KB, the image above is actually 22.1KB in size.

Luckily I have managed to optimize it down to 16.2KB with only minor loss of quality. Please see attached in this post for the result
Attached Images
File Type: gif test.gif (16.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 9th July 2008, 20:11   #17
brum29
Passed Away

Quote:
Those are the dimensions (ie size it takes up on the screen) by file size I mean the actual physical space it occupies on a hard drive. The limit for an avatar is 19.5KB, the image above is actually 22.1KB in size.

Luckily I have managed to optimize it down to 16.2KB with only minor loss of quality. Please see attached in this post for the result
Thats magic Simon, I know I'm a numpty but how do I get that into my avatar now????
Old 9th July 2008, 20:18   #18
Simon
Banned

-

Firstly save the attachment from my post (right click then "Save As" or "Save Image" usually).

Next click on "UserCP" towards the top-left of the screen. When that page opens you should see a list of further links down the left hand side of the screen. Click on the one that says "Edit Avatar"

Next choose "Choose File" in the 'custom avatar' section. This should present you with a file-selector where you can choose the file you saved in the first step. Once successfully uploaded, click "Save Changes" and Bob's you aunties uncle

If you still can't get it to work let me know I'll wave a magic wand
Old 9th July 2008, 20:29   #19
brum29
Passed Away

Magic Simon, isn't easy when you know how, I think your a very very clever man, coffee/tea on me at the meeting, thanks
Old 9th July 2008, 20:32   #20
Simon
Banned

-

No problems! All part of the service I saw your avatar on a different thread so I knew you had cracked it

Good to hear you got it sorted in the end. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in a couple of weeks time