Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st January 2007, 14:51   #11
mayor
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi

Default AOL Broadband or Tiscali Broadband

My daughter was with AOL and she had issues with having wireless broadband that need a special router and also some of her genuine received Emails was been treated as spam-so she left and now is with Tiscali with no problems I was originally with Tiscali but changed to E7 who subsequently went bust signed up with Toucan but they made a complete hash of it all. I am now back with Tiscali with a relatively cheap package thinks have improved dramitcally and now I would recommend Tiscali
mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 20:27   #12
Gryphon
Passed Away

75 CDT Connoisseur + VW Trike + Kawasaki 1000LTD

I have been with Tiscali now for about a year with no problems at all I sort out PC Problems for a living in peoples homes and the amount of trouble i have seen with AOL is quite a lot I must say though i love TalkTalk they are making me a good wage because they are having so many problems
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 20:30   #13
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I have been with Tiscali now for about a year with no problems at all I sort out PC Problems for a living in peoples homes and the amount of trouble i have seen with AOL is quite a lot I must say though i love TalkTalk they are making me a good wage because they are having so many problems
And there you have it AOL & Talk Talk same Company soon to be same problems, they are owned by CarPhone WareHouse.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 20:45   #14
BMC123
Posted a thing or two

2004 1.8 Connoisseur SE, 1999 XJ8

yep, I think I can afford to get that new digital camera I promised myself, the amount of work probably heading my way should at least warrant it. Of course, there is a chance that the talk talk peoples customer service could improve, but I'm not holding my breath. I think the ISP's take it in turn to see who is going to be the worst.
Old 21st January 2007, 21:00   #15
JohnDotCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC123 View Post
yep, I think I can afford to get that new digital camera I promised myself, the amount of work probably heading my way should at least warrant it. Of course, there is a chance that the talk talk peoples customer service could improve, but I'm not holding my breath. I think the ISP's take it in turn to see who is going to be the worst.
Think Im going to start up an independent Helpline as some of these ISP's charge so much per minute, then spend the first minute telling you how much it will cost you per minute and then that they may record the call for Training Purposes, I thought they were meant to know what they are doing? Average call 20 minutes average charge 50p per minute or a lot more, I can see my ZT260 on the Horizon.

Seriously some of the Muppets they have, use EMail for Faults & save a Fortune, even if you have to use a Internet Cafe or free from your Library.
Old 21st January 2007, 22:18   #16
Rovernut
Loves to post

R75 Conn Tourer, R8 Tourer, R8 Cabby

Hi

I've been with AOL for over 5 years now and can't fault it. AOL Gold at £19.99 a month. I've thought of moving to save a fiver a month but as the man says "If it aint broke don't fix it"! Also I would lose my email address and favourites , address book and buddy connection. Trapped then really?

Also we Rover fans should know that all surveys don't always tell it how it is. I guess like most things you can be lucky or unlucky with a product and satisfied customers rarely write to forums. AOL had a very bad name years ago mainly from expert types who knew how AOL crept into your pc and took it over! Being uninformed meant ignorance was bliss.

Chris
Old 21st January 2007, 22:35   #17
JohnDotCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovernut View Post
Hi

I've been with AOL for over 5 years now and can't fault it. AOL Gold at £19.99 a month. I've thought of moving to save a fiver a month but as the man says "If it aint broke don't fix it"! Also I would lose my email address and favourites , address book and buddy connection. Trapped then really?

Also we Rover fans should know that all surveys don't always tell it how it is. I guess like most things you can be lucky or unlucky with a product and satisfied customers rarely write to forums. AOL had a very bad name years ago mainly from expert types who knew how AOL crept into your pc and took it over! Being uninformed meant ignorance was bliss.

Chris
Slightly Off Topic but with nearly all ISP's you can keep your EMail addresses when you move, some do make you do one Dial up connection every 6 months but warn you before hand (Yahoo, BT) others make a small charge to keep all your addresses, but I don't think AOL offer this.

Your favourites just copy across to whatever Mail server you are using Chris, but if your happy why move?

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 21st January 2007 at 22:37..
Old 22nd January 2007, 00:31   #18
BMC123
Posted a thing or two

2004 1.8 Connoisseur SE, 1999 XJ8

oh yes, nothing wrong with AOL as long as its running, its only if something goes wrong when you find out that the service is lacking, thankfully that is rare these days, but as johndotcoms siggy says, if it ain't broke - don't fix it
Old 23rd January 2007, 16:06   #19
Z135T
Avid contributor

MG ZT 135+

believe Tiscali along with a couple of others AOL included are pulling the plug on the UK market,AOL & Tiscali have tried palming off to BT but believe BT told them where to go.
Z135T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 21:01   #20
JohnDotCom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z135T View Post
believe Tiscali along with a couple of others AOL included are pulling the plug on the UK market,AOL & Tiscali have tried palming off to BT but believe BT told them where to go.
AOL has only just been taken over by CarPhone Warehouse (Talk Talk) & rumours abound all the time but they have no plans to cease UK Operations.