Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th August 2022, 01:11   #11
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

I have to admit, the event looks much smaller this year even with the aerial photos I saw online. Whilst it looks good, it makes me wonder was it the cost of living issues or have that many of our cars dissappeared this year already?
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2022, 10:15   #12
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
So that's what my V8 sounds like from the outside, never knew
Sounds very nice Nicholas . I realised the same during my ownership of #670 when being driven by somebody else .

Sorry for not saying hello on the day, I wasn't sure if you had recognised me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson Rover Repair View Post
I have to admit, the event looks much smaller this year even with the aerial photos I saw online. Whilst it looks good, it makes me wonder was it the cost of living issues or have that many of our cars dissappeared this year already?
I have to agree with you Colin regarding the amount of cars attending, I'd say it was about half the size of the 2017 event.

I'd suggest there are many reasons for the reduction in attendance: the event being postponed several times, the change of venue from Sywell to a farm field, the fact that Sywell were advising the event had been cancelled, many owners are of advancing years especially after a period of five years, the list goes on.

Overall I'd say it was a good turn-out though, except for the P4 fraternity, there were rather fewer pre 80's cars than in 2017.

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2022, 11:30   #13
scoubix
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5L V6 auto Connoisseur, "Dealer Launch" LHD / MG ZT-T 260 auto

My sentiment as well. I counted a little over 400 cars at its peak from my drone shots, the official attendance was 440. In 2017 it was more than 700 cars.
And I was surprised to see so little P5s and P6s. The P4 guild did great with attendance, they had close to 100 cars, 75/ZTs were a close second, but the rest were in smaller numbers than expected.
All reasons Jim gave are valid, there is also something recurring which I’ve yet to identify properly, but since we’ve been out of the various lockdowns I have a feeling some people have changed priorities, schedules are busy, family gatherings take precedence, other stuff too, and we’re facing increasing difficulty with attendance to car meets. I see the same in France…
Old 28th August 2022, 21:30   #14
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Enjoyed Roverfest 2022, but agree that it was half the size of the 2017 one, and no real trade stands. It may have been down to the hot weather, change of venue, price of petrol, new priorities for folk after Covid etc, etc. I fear we have to accept that the world has changed.

I have just returned from 3 days at the Silverstone Classic, where nothing is cheap, but I would say it was as busy as ever, although exhibits (around 10,000 last year) did seem down slightly. There do seem to be less shows this year, or perhaps they have been condensed into a shorter period.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote