Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th July 2012, 12:12   #1
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Default Holiday in Somerset

Well we went last saturday in the rain and it didn't stop until tuesday, we had one really nice day and four poo ones, however this did mean we looked for stuff to do indoors and ended up at the Fleet Air Arm museum and the Haynes motor museum as well, both good days but we'd done the haynes a couple of years ago and I was hoping for some changes to the cars but there wern't any..

Anyway after hearing yesterday that another 7cm was going to fall in 24hrs I decided enough was enough and at 2130 we were on our way home, kids nice and quiet asleep in the back and next to no traffic. Home about 0045. set the cruise to a heady 75mph despite the rain which lasted all the way till this end of the M3. On that note we set the cruise at the A303 and turned it off when we hit the roadworks by the M26 juction of the M25 is that a record!!

Now recovered and the washing machine is on overtime and no rain...Told H we should of stayed here!! Doh!

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 12:29   #2
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Hi mate. This rain certainly is trying its best to spoil things for us all. Glad you managed to find something to do indoors even if it was a bit disappointing. We are off to center parcs in sherwood forest in a couple of weeks and I really hope that there is no water left in the sky by then.
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 13:21   #3
whitevanman
This is my second home

Hi Steve, there are a few pics here
http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/...merset%202012/

and for those that are fans they were filming the next series of 'The Cafe' on Weston sea front, stopped for a while and watched the rehearsals. If you haven't seen the first series take a look it's a nice harmless gentle comedy with Ralph Little who co-wrote it.

This is my fav pic though, comment from Sydney at the time. " I'm going to walk on the beach to see the donkeys, I may be sometime (taken from my 'I'm going out on my bike.....speech').

Little miss independant doesn't even begin to describe our daughter! This picture taken on 5x zoom she was about 1/2 a mile away I reckon and no looking back for mum & dad either! makes you feel so wanted lol

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
Old 7th July 2012, 13:34   #4
Steve916
This is my second home

A nice moody beach scene Which beach is it?
Photos are great. Who's that actor from George and Mildred? Can't remember his name...Brian something
Fleet Air Arm Museum looks good
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Old 7th July 2012, 13:49   #5
Westonboy
Posted a thing or two

Honda Jazz

Thats Weston beach, that is almost the view from my window.
Westonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 14:01   #6
Steve916
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonboy View Post
I did think it was. I spent many a childhood school holiday down there. My relatives all live around there

Old 7th July 2012, 14:02   #7
whitevanman
This is my second home

The beach is Weston-Super-Mare a place we both really like, massive beach of lovely sand (for racing on ) and no one there. Even a full house in the height of summer cannot fill this beach up. They've not done too bad a job of rebuilding the pier after the fire either, nice edwardian style tea room at the end which was nice.

Went to Burnham-On-Sea yesterday which is a little down the coast from Weston not a place i'd recommend tbh bit down and outy, but it has a couple of arcades one of which is open 24/7! first time i've ever seen that..

We stayed in a caravan on a farm just outside of Shepton Mallet so nice and handy no matter which way you decided to go. If the weather had been better we would have gone out more, Bath, Bristol, Taunton none of them were too far really, but young kids and constant rain do not good bedfellows make. besides which Syd was quite happy helping the farmer with the sheep & ducks .

Not sure who you mean but Brian something maybe?? not him anyway I don't think..

Anyway hope the weather improves for your hols, I was going to get the bike out tomorrow but someone has arranged a belated b'day treat for Syd, her and mum are going to a preview of iceage 4 tomorrow while I babysit Georgia, Jealous me....just a bit, I like those films!

Old 7th July 2012, 14:05   #8
whitevanman
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westonboy View Post
Did see a 75 down a side road and parked next to one on purpose at Burnham but no club stuff that I could see in either and we left ours in the diesel (used the V6 for this holiday as a treat for her).

We love Weston, think it's 2nd choice after Brecon area for somewhere to retire too.

Old 7th July 2012, 14:21   #9
Steve916
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevanman View Post
The beach is Weston-Super-Mare a place we both really like, massive beach of lovely sand (for racing on ) and no one there. Even a full house in the height of summer cannot fill this beach up. They've not done too bad a job of rebuilding the pier after the fire either, nice edwardian style tea room at the end which was nice.

Went to Burnham-On-Sea yesterday which is a little down the coast from Weston not a place i'd recommend tbh bit down and outy, but it has a couple of arcades one of which is open 24/7! first time i've ever seen that..

We stayed in a caravan on a farm just outside of Shepton Mallet so nice and handy no matter which way you decided to go. If the weather had been better we would have gone out more, Bath, Bristol, Taunton none of them were too far really, but young kids and constant rain do not good bedfellows make. besides which Syd was quite happy helping the farmer with the sheep & ducks .

Not sure who you mean but Brian something maybe?? not him anyway I don't think..

Anyway hope the weather improves for your hols, I was going to get the bike out tomorrow but someone has arranged a belated b'day treat for Syd, her and mum are going to a preview of iceage 4 tomorrow while I babysit Georgia, Jealous me....just a bit, I like those films!
We stayed at the Haven site at Burnham on Sea last year. The site was nice, but the beach and surroundings left a lot to be desired. Wouldn't go there again. My family live in Bath and Chippenham.
The Brian I was talking about is the actor on the left in one of your photos of the cast being filmed.
I'll look him up

Old 7th July 2012, 14:24   #10
Steve916
This is my second home

This is him in his younger days
Brian Murphy. He is the one on the left in your 4th photo.