Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th December 2018, 17:19   #1
Bullnose75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 LPG

Default Xtrons pdab7146b

Ok,time for the temperamental Highline system in the Tourer to go.
Need to replace it with something more modern,but which unit to get ?
Think I prefer the look of the 7" Android units and have been looking at the XTRONS PDAB7146B with the built in DAB radio.
Would also want to add reversing camera feature and maybe even freeview TV.
Exactly how easy are these units to fit ? Are they pretty much plug and play ? Do they also work with the steering wheel controls out of the box ?
Be good to be able to remove the three Highline radio,tv and sat nav units in the back of the Tourer.
Paul
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Touch-S....c100005.m1851
Bullnose75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 19:01   #2
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Bought my Xtrons PCD7746B the same seller. Helpful and responded quickly (not like the other bloke) but while I’m more than happy with the function of the unit. It was not easy to fit and still sticks out a few mm at the bottom.

Like my earlier Win unit I had to prune the tabs which was expected, after many tries I eventually got it to fit perfectly flush but then connected the wiring & radio plug. Despite removal of some insulation I just couldn’t get the unit to fit flush, the aerial plug got broken, but I’ve noticed that some of his later units don’t have this plug but a conventional aerial plug like the one in your link.

Steering wheel controls work but require splicing into the car’s loom.

Good luck
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 23:19   #3
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

The seller is a trader on here and he supplied and fitted that same unit for me a few months ago.It's a WinCE unit though not Android.I'm really pleased with it. HERE is a thread of my findings.He also fitted a reversing camera for me.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2018, 09:29   #4
Bullnose75
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
The seller is a trader on here and he supplied and fitted that same unit for me a few months ago.It's a WinCE unit though not Android.I'm really pleased with it. HERE is a thread of my findings.He also fitted a reversing camera for me.
Thanks for the info mate. I'm not really bothered if it has internet access just need a radio that works,along with sat nav,reversing camera and maybe digital tv. This XTRONS unit will prob be fine for me. I'll message Julian about it.
I'll have to fit the unit myself though as i'm on the Essex coast and he's a bit too far away for me to have him fit mine
Old 28th December 2018, 13:53   #5
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

The best way to contact him is through his website.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2018, 20:27   #6
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Check the DAB coverage in your area before you buy a radio , It's very patchy in some areas .
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2018, 09:21   #7
Bullnose75
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Bought my Xtrons PCD7746B the same seller. Helpful and responded quickly (not like the other bloke) but while I’m more than happy with the function of the unit. It was not easy to fit and still sticks out a few mm at the bottom.

Like my earlier Win unit I had to prune the tabs which was expected, after many tries I eventually got it to fit perfectly flush but then connected the wiring & radio plug. Despite removal of some insulation I just couldn’t get the unit to fit flush, the aerial plug got broken, but I’ve noticed that some of his later units don’t have this plug but a conventional aerial plug like the one in your link.

Steering wheel controls work but require splicing into the car’s loom.

Good luck
Yep,had read that these kind of things can be a bit fiddly to get to fit properly and line up without sticking out a bit. Don't mind spending a bit of time getting unit to fit flush by cutting or grinding bits away if needed.
I was more curious into how quick they are to wire in. Didn't know you had to splice into car loom to get steering wheel controls to work,thanks for the heads up on that mate