Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th November 2015, 13:46   #11
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

One of my cars got hit in a work car park. There was CCTV and 2 witnesses who security got to write witness statements, this was before I had even got to the car.

The older security guard told me to read the witness statements as it might, in his words "distress me more than the car". It was illegible, I could not read any of it and it made no sense at all... I then realised it had been written as it if was a text message between teenage friends.

The girls, both under 20 both English had written practically all of it in abbreviated words and acronyms with absolutely no punctuation at all. It was maybe 150-200 words long with no full stops, paragraphs etc it was just one long run on sentence it was amazing.

He was right it upset me more than the car which was my wife's ford anyway. I am still waiting for the excess back and did wonder if Direct Line could not read it also
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 14:04   #12
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

No doubt

Posted from mobyle phune wiv prdicktive texst
Old 9th November 2015, 14:35   #13
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
One of my cars got hit in a work car park. There was CCTV and 2 witnesses who security got to write witness statements, this was before I had even got to the car.

The older security guard told me to read the witness statements as it might, in his words "distress me more than the car". It was illegible, I could not read any of it and it made no sense at all... I then realised it had been written as it if was a text message between teenage friends.

The girls, both under 20 both English had written practically all of it in abbreviated words and acronyms with absolutely no punctuation at all. It was maybe 150-200 words long with no full stops, paragraphs etc it was just one long run on sentence it was amazing.

He was right it upset me more than the car which was my wife's ford anyway. I am still waiting for the excess back and did wonder if Direct Line could not read it also
This seems to be much more common nowadays, and not just with the younger generation. It infuriates me, I think it's just laziness half of the time and illiteracy the other half!
Oh and I'm only 44 so not too much of an old *** yet

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 15:12   #14
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
I agree, I wonder how many here could advertise their car in Slovenia for example without using Google.
I know myself all I would get right is the Make and Model....

I hope next time when some of you go on holiday somewhere and go into a cafe where they can't speak english and you try to order something badly in their language and they all laugh at you. Let's see how you like ...!!!

Also, I'd like to add that when they can speak english at least the speak it properly...
At work I have occasion to speak to foreign drivers. We've found, or thought we'd found, the perfect app by using Google translate. Great thing on a mobile phone. The idea is that you type or speak what you want to ask in your native tongue and this is repeated in text which displays in your chosen language. Now, I was using this method to converse with a Romanian chap, thought it was going fine until he tried to type back for my benefit. Set it to Romanian translating to English. What a lot of tosh! Didn't make an awful lot of sense, kind of like the 'Chinglish' translations. Just about enough to get by but not great. Still, we managed eventually.

I wonder what the Romanian translation of what I'd typed in actually said?
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 15:46   #15
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

My experience throughout Europe is that a large proportion of people can speak very good English, much better than we do with their languages

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 16:04   #16
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
From my neck of the woods. For this part of the world, believe me, he has done quite well lol. May go have a look at this vhery fast MG, at the right price will possibly have it as a donor. Judging on the sun strip and the mirrors it wants a bit more than a clutch though .

Hmmmmm ..... CHATHAM ...... Went there today with the walking group, some very impressive boats in the marina but lousy shops.

I've never seen such small pictures on ebay !!

Also like to know where you can get a clutch fitted for £200. ???

Last edited by steve-45; 9th November 2015 at 16:34..
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 18:05   #17
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

I've looked past the spelling because they might not speak good English or have a learning disability, but the pink sun strip and pink mirrors are a poor choice in my opinion, also the pictures are tiny and unhelpful but it's near me so I might have a look, might just be a master cylinder?
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 18:35   #18
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by freck View Post
My experience throughout Europe is that a large proportion of people can speak very good English, much better than we do with their languages
but that's always been the case we were the master race, all over the world and yes they need to speak the queens correctly so when they arrive in the back of a truck on mass they can con and under stand the system to there advantage, so maybe my mistake we are the thicko's
markm1741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 18:37   #19
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1741 View Post

Surely he must have gone to school.

2004 MG ZT+ CDTI 135 GREY 231746066909

wondered whether Mg did a disel that's vhery fast can you throw some light on this reebs
Fixed... Unless the seller was surly. In which case, please accept my apologies!

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 18:42   #20
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm1741 View Post
but that's always been the case we were the master race, all over the world and yes they need to speak the queens correctly so when they arrive in the back of a truck on mass they can con and under stand the system to there advantage, so maybe my mistake we are the thicko's
They already are, sorry. And yes we are.