Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st April 2016, 20:56   #71
A19_Graham
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

So if Sean (Radio Guy) agrees to sing down the phone to you for free, but will also sell you a device that will slot in the centre console and do the same job but much more and much better, does that then mean he doesn't have to be a trader too??
Old 1st April 2016, 20:58   #72
longer86
Taking time out

R75

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Hardly free when only those who've made a donation can have it & only the version with full "T4" capability has to be paid for Be very careful what you advertise here
We would lukę to give something Special for People who trusted us and made donation. This is some kind of gift for them, they can be first to see it was worth to waiting for toaf. Public, download will be available maybe one or two weeks later.
Please don't start another storm about toaf.

You can smile to your friend who get first release and ask him , he can give you soft for free. There is no any passwords no vin connections. Everybody can use it. we promised and we give.

From users to users
Old 1st April 2016, 21:00   #73
A19_Graham
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
We would lukę to give something Special for People who trusted us and made donation. This is some kind of gift for them, they can be first to see it was worth to waiting for toaf. Public, download will be available maybe one or two weeks later.
Please don't start another storm about toaf.

You can smile to your friend who get first release and ask him , he can give you soft for free. There is no any passwords no vin connections. Everybody can use it. we promised and we give.

From users to users
I'm sorry, but by definition alone, a Gift is not paid for.
Old 1st April 2016, 21:02   #74
longer86
Taking time out

R75

Quote:
Originally Posted by A19_Graham View Post
I'm sorry, but by definition alone, a Gift is not paid for.
Ok, bad word... I mean This is thank you for donation. Rest will receive download later. Is it ok now?

You can still ask your friend for a free copy. Now he can do what he want.

Even give tho copy to all forum users. There is no protection, no selling, no price enjoy

Last edited by longer86; 1st April 2016 at 21:07..
Old 1st April 2016, 21:03   #75
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

There is no such thing as a "Free Lunch" they are using this forum as a bit of advertising for their "Product" when most of the free bit can be obtained with one of those BMW scanners from EBay for £14 ish
I've nothing against enterprising & innovative people, but to do it without full disclosure to the people buying the product I have reservations
Old 1st April 2016, 21:10   #76
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

Myself, and those I know who donated, did it to help with development only as it seemed a good cause, like I did with powerfold gears and other things.

I never expected any preferential treatment. I might have got it a couple of days early but I assume that's just a bit of a thank you.

I think surely we could just lighten up a bit as it could be a fantastic step forward for those who are not fortunate to have a Brian, Phil or Russ etc near them.
Old 1st April 2016, 21:10   #77
prebenny
Taking time out

Rover 75 Tourer CDT+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
I read on another forum that TOAF was going to be charged for at around £80 a copy for the full version. I could be wrong but it was on the landy boards a while back. I know it isnt against that particular forums rules so maybe they said nothing about pricing on here as it's not allowed!
Can't be bothered discussing with it so will just use sentence overused at primary school - 'link or didn't happen'
Old 1st April 2016, 21:18   #78
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by prebenny View Post
Can't be bothered discussing with it so will just use sentence overused at primary school - 'link or didn't happen'
What primary school did you go to? but anyway it was a few months ago and would hech a bet if I went looking for it it won't be there or lost to time! Here's something I learnt in primary school, gift means gift and purchase means you hand over money for your product!

here is one link stating that TOAF will cost £40 for optional extras of two extra components! so £80 for both of them! http://forums.mg-rover.org/mg-zt-rov...rogram-798897/

also if I go to FAQ on your landing page it takes you to notfound page? http://toaf.roverki.eu/index.php/en/faq-en

Last edited by maxxpump; 1st April 2016 at 21:33..
Old 1st April 2016, 21:34   #79
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

wait a minute it even says it costs that much on your NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- website so don't shirty with me mate!
Old 1st April 2016, 21:41   #80
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Well,
What do you know , back door trading has been proven!
Over to the mods me thinks