Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th March 2017, 17:42   #31
RoyalBlue75
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

What ever you do, don't break the law or do anything that can be used against you - however tempting that might seem - and I do understand how it feels.

Keep a record of everything and get CCTV installed.
RoyalBlue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 17:47   #32
pyrite
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Saloon and 1.8t Tourer

I feel your pain, a few years ago I slightly parked across a neighbours drive ( a driveway not in use as it's covered in pebbles and flower pots and he also does not own a vehicle) and had him banging on my door swearing at me to move my f ing car.
I politely told him I would move it as soon as a couple of non residents cars had gone and 10 minutes later I pulled my car forward. Next morning all four of my tyres had been slashed
pyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 18:18   #33
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrite View Post
I feel your pain, a few years ago I slightly parked across a neighbours drive ( a driveway not in use as it's covered in pebbles and flower pots and he also does not own a vehicle) and had him banging on my door swearing at me to move my f ing car.
I politely told him I would move it as soon as a couple of non residents cars had gone and 10 minutes later I pulled my car forward. Next morning all four of my tyres had been slashed
Peacehaven not living up to its name then? I hope you ripped the heads off his pot plants.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 18:22   #34
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBlue75 View Post
What ever you do, don't break the law or do anything that can be used against you - however tempting that might seem - and I do understand how it feels.

Keep a record of everything and get CCTV installed.
Even some dummy cameras will make whoever did the deed think twice. But then it could be worse - as Rev has mentioned - balloons full of corrosive chucked from out of camera range for example.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 18:47   #35
pyrite
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Saloon and 1.8t Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
Peacehaven not living up to its name then? I hope you ripped the heads off his pot plants.
Was originally going to be called 'Anzac on Sea' in this instance maybe more apt.

Still awaiting my response as they say revenge is a dish best served cold
pyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 18:48   #36
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Never actually had dispute with neighbours, but they have been p I t a . The previous neighbours family and friends were too lacy to walk a few feet to the top of their drive, so would park across the top of THEIR drive, thus blocking ours at the same time. I collared the neighbour once and politely asked if he would ask his visitors not to block my drive, as I am often on standby for the coaches and may have to go out at any time to take over from someone who has run out of driving hours. This quiet word worked for a while, then it started again. The main culprit was her brother, one day he got really angry with me because I was messing around with my car and he wasn't able to block the drive, with me being there. He tore off down the street spinning the wheels,screeching round the roundabout and eventually pulled up outside two doors down. All this with a baby in the car too! The look on his face said it all, " how dare I be outside playing with my car and making him have to walk another 6 feet" The current neighbours mother does the same, and as yet I have not needed to be out before she left.
Old 12th March 2017, 18:56   #37
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Another example of parking wars, think I have posted this before, a mate worked on a farm, he lived on a terrace that had a back lane and large garden on opposite side of lane. He had made a parking area in his garden,and one day came home for dinner to find a strange car in his bay. Enquiries led to a relative of a neighbour, Paul politely asked him to remove the car, as it was private parking and he hadn't asked permission. If he had, Paul would have had no problem letting him park there.
The car owner was a bodybuilder type who thought h was Hercules. He told a Paul to P off and he would move the car when he was ready to leave. Paul not being one to be done over, drove back to the farm jumped in the loader and scooped up this giant boulder the side of a garage entrance, drove back home and deposited it behind the offending car, thus blocking his exit. He then went back to work. When he returned home at tea time, the bloke was almost purple with rage, and he yelled at Paul to get that. F ing thing shifted NOW. Paul quietly replied " I'll move it when I'm ready" ,went in had his tea and then moved the boulder., karma or what?
Old 12th March 2017, 19:25   #38
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Is the car parked opposite a dropped curb? If so, the car can be ticketed by the police for unnecessary obstruction. The problem I have is with people going to the vets next door. My drive is under an archway, and the number of cars that park over the archway blocking access to my drive, the neighbours drive and the next door but one neighbours drive is staggering despite signs saying keep clear. It was worse when there was a business the other side of the archway as they were populated by complete scumbags including the owner who accused me of having "an attitude" when I went around to ask if their workman could move his van. Their response was they didn't have a workman in, it was someone at the vets, only for a workman to come out of their 3 minutes later getting something from the van. Asked him to move and he apologised and did immediately. From that moment on, first point of call was dial 101, report it to the police and log it thus giving me time and dates for future complaints. Fortunately, the closed up due to ill health about which I held a party.
BUT...it was logged as unnecessary obstruction, which is a £60 fine. My issue was it it was on an unadopted highway so the police were very reticent to issue tickets.
THAT annoyed me! I did point out to the police that were I to park my car obstructing the entire road for all the businesses and houses, they would tow my car, but my driveway was fair game? But you know, you can't argue with the police, a lot of the higher ups are literally brain dead, in my experience. The guys on the beat seem far more human and personable, but soon as they get a promotion with a whiff of power, their brains drop out of their noses.

Basically, good luck dude. You are nicer than what I am.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 19:30   #39
Old Mally
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

TBH, some of the replies on here make me think of leaving the forum.
Old Mally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 19:59   #40
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I would concur with Gatekeeper, get CCTV installed on the house and position one or two cameras to cover the road outside your house and a dashcam(s) wired so that when required you can switch between ignition live and permanent live. The dashcams might just cover front and rear of the car but it's a deterrent. Road hawk currently have refurbished models on eBay at a reasonable price.

From what you have said whilst I would normally agree with chatting to the person, I think it unlikely he would be receptive, more likely it would antagonise him further. Neighbour disputes are best avoided as the low life invariably come out on top and make decent peoples lives a misery.

I feel sorry for your damage and situation.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262559989110

Agreed and thank you.

Something Minty might consider?

This clip on camera in the link is similar to the one I have. The one I have is rechargeable with a battery life of 2 weeks. I used it to gather evidence against an unscrupulous manager who abused his position. It's smaller than a bic lighter and can be clipped to lapel or shirt. There are button and tie cams. The better ones have good audio.

Outside of the house in London, the Met Police put up a sign "Warning CCTV Cameras Operate in This Area" A few of the houses in the road have CCTV. One neighbour had 6 cameras installed by a professional, wifi etc He told me it was just under £1000 to have the system set up. The dummy cameras look the business.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote