Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th May 2017, 23:02   #31
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
I bought it. I had agreed in the week but could not get there until this morning. Unfortunatly I need to get it back now as I could not get time to sort insurance etc in time due to work. I will need to go back in the week or weekend or arrange transport as I am being charged storage at £20 a day as parked off site. I am not 100% sure if that is right, I think it is but the phone kept ringing for the car so he might regret the price I bought it for.

Basically one owner car. MG press garage then the last owner who bought it on 26/7/04, 10 services with cambelt at 76000 (or so it says in the book but will confirm with the garage) in Oct 2014.

When I drove it, was very very quiet no rattle at all. I suspect it had been parked a while as was a trade in at a VW garage as the owner bought a new scirocco. Shame about the key mark on the side and near side trim missing but that is easily solved. I will write to the previous owner to see what happened.

The bolster damage on the drivers side is odd as it is not in the normal place but on the side of the seat. The rest are in great shape, 2 keys no lines on the IPK and all manuals even the DVD player etc.

Need to get it here as not keen on a weeks storage fee so if anyone is close that would be a help...but as far as I could tell it seems good. Was a good price for the car it is. Not sure where Plymouth came from, I assume it was lost in translation with them. I am in the midlands ...

I have some really quick photos that i will try and post but will add more when it arrives.
Well done that man

Not sure that storage cost is right!!!! I suspect he didnt know what he had until the phone went off the hook and is now recouping some money!!!!

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 23:10   #32
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

I suspect that too, there was no mention of storage until a phone call on the way back, no big deal now as only a day or so.

I have been able to sort someone to go into there tomorrow to bring it back so should be here by late tomorrow. Will have a good look then but first impressions other than the keyed door and missing sill cover was very good.
It might have hidden demons but you are buying a 13yr old car that was not owned by an enthusiast, as we would have had record of the car. I think we sometimes forget that. Also at under £1000 for a relatively special car you take the rough with the smooth
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 23:14   #33
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmgroveeer View Post
Presumably it will be back up for Sale soon??
Eh?

What do you base that on?
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 23:22   #34
mmmgroveeer
Avid contributor

Does it have to be based on anything??
mmmgroveeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 23:30   #35
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

No plan to sell, it was a Monogram colour I did not have and unusual and I wanted a 190, so will go with the others.

It does give a bit of comfort that in my eyes I have bought it under the value I put on it as it leaves a bit of room to make it correct but that is nothing other than making me feel good on the purchase

I would suspect that good monogram and unusual cars always have a market so there no need to sell unless personal reasons dictated. It was certainly not bought to flip if that is what you thought.
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 23:44   #36
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmgroveeer View Post
Does it have to be based on anything??
No, of course not, but I was rather hoping it wasn't just the dig it appeared to be.

Ah well
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 18:29   #37
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic22 View Post
It might have hidden demons but you are buying a 13yr old car that was not owned by an enthusiast, as we would have had record of the car. I think we sometimes forget that. Also at under £1000 for a relatively special car you take the rough with the smooth
I agree whole heartedly with that statement. People forget when buying cars not owned by enthusiasts that it wont be perfect. I also agree that a K is under value for this car which is why I would have been interested if I had the time (which I dont). Glad the storage think hasnt stung you too much i thought that was lower than a snakes belly

Good luck with giving her some tlc. I find I like finding the problems as well on a car like this. It kind of tells you more about the car. But hey Im weird

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 23:06   #38
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
Glad the storage think hasnt stung you too much i thought that was lower than a snakes belly.
Not too surprising having met the guy. It was well worth a grand to get the car out of his mitts onto somebody who had a Scooby doo about it.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote