Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th June 2017, 22:04   #11
Trearddur
Regular poster

Default LWB Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
Relax a bit.

I get that this is an economic decision for you, but if there's a way to optimise your return and see the car back on the road, surely you'd want that?

If the sum of the parts are worth more than the whole then obviously it's a no brainer. The belts needing doing alone probably makes the car worth very little to anybody who isn't able to do the work themselves.
I'm quite relaxed and indeed capable of doing the belts myself, but as you say, there is a financial aspect - including my time - which has to be considered and on purely financial terms I'll make my decision.
Should someone come forward with the 'right' numbers then of course it will go in one piece. As a matter of fact, it is currently on the road with 364 days MOT, Tax and Insurance.
Trearddur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 06:19   #12
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

It's what the right numbers are. How do you work £900 in parts? with knackered manifold shot rear door and knackered sill. It's value is in being a LWB not parts.

How about the time it takes to strip and then the amount of time it will take to make anywhere close to £900 in parts with a half srtipped car on the drive where the main valve you seem to suggest is in tyres. Surely if you say you have to factor in the time to do the belts as a financial cost then that has to be considered also. Stripping a car well to maximize money is not an easy process and is certainly time consuming.

Me and I am sure other enthusiasts on here would give you considerably over the cost of scrap but holding a gun over our head with a I'm going to strip a LWB unless I get a value you do not even consider it worth is a bit ridiculous.

Put a price on here or wallop it on ebay I am sure it will go for a value over what you could achieve by doing a half assed job of taking a few parts off and living with a shell for a few months.
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 07:07   #13
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

"Originally Posted by trikey
If you strip it, ill give you scrap money for what's left and restore it..."

"If I strip it, the parts will be sold, it will go to the scrappy."

I'm sure Trikey's money is as good as the local scrappy's.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 07:29   #14
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

What colour is it? Any pictures?

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s

Last edited by Ravinder; 14th June 2017 at 07:40..
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 08:02   #15
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

It isn't worth the hassle of stripping it, it's his car let him do what he wants, makes my LWB even rarer with less on the road.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 08:34   #16
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Why would someone state they have a very rare car that they're looking to sell then follow up with 'if I don't get the price I think it's worth I'll scrap it'. Bit of a threat there to my mind while hoping to drum up the value. Hardly the tone of an enthusiast......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 08:44   #17
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coups View Post
Why would someone state they have a very rare car that they're looking to sell then follow up with 'if I don't get the price I think it's worth I'll scrap it'. Bit of a threat there to my mind while hoping to drum up the value. Hardly the tone of an enthusiast......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree it's just went through an MOT so hardly a scrapper

OP Has posted: "As a matter of fact, it is currently on the road with 364 days MOT, Tax and Insurance."

Maybe hoping for an over inflated sale so it's saved?

Then there is this: "Should someone come forward with the 'right' numbers then of course it will go in one piece"

It's your car do as you wish but to me you have a figure in mind that'll save it from being scrapped so maybe do a sale thread with your "right price" with plenty of pics and almost a years MOT I don't see why it would sell this of coarse depends on what your right price is.
Old 14th June 2017, 13:47   #18
mgzrjake
Loves to post

MG ZTT 135+ diesel, MGZS 180 saloon MK2

Default Re some on

It's what the right numbers are. How do you work £900 in parts? with knackered manifold shot rear door and knackered sill. It's value is in being a LWB not parts.

How about the time it takes to strip and then the amount of time it will take to make anywhere close to £900 in parts with a half srtipped car on the drive where the main valve you seem to suggest is in tyres. Surely if you say you have to factor in the time to do the belts as a financial cost then that has to be considered also. Stripping a car well to maximize money is not an easy process and is certainly time consuming.

Me and I am sure other enthusiasts on here would give you considerably over the cost of scrap but holding a gun over our head with a I'm going to strip a LWB unless I get a value you do not even consider it worth is a bit ridiculous.

Put a price on here or wallop it on ebay I am sure it will go for a value over what you could achieve by doing a half assed job of taking a few parts off and living with a shell for a few months.

Glad to see someone talking sence here, stripping takes far to long, it's then an eyesore on your drive, post packaging is a nightmare + you have people turning up for parts at weekends and you then have to put up with a moaning wife asking when it's going as sister Mary is coming next weekend to visit,

Give up with that pea brained idea, if you love the brand sell it to whoever offers the most and let them rebuild your its a rare car to its former glory

Last edited by mgzrjake; 14th June 2017 at 13:54..
mgzrjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 18:45   #19
Stu67
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

I'm calling custard !

To be honest, if it exists,LWB or not, it's not worth that much with the various faults. I mean what "special" parts does a LWB have? Rear doors and shell, is everything else the same? Find a LWB that needs new doors =0.
Realistically it's probably worth 400 quid more than another broken 75 but not as much as a good normal 75.
Stu67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2017, 18:50   #20
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

MOT for a year.....with the work needed I think someone on here may have it for around the price you think the parts are worth Certainly would be a shame if you broke a LWB that is easily sorted and made A1 again.
Could you list a bit more about the car....colour, mileage,service history...etc etc then you may get a better response.
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote