Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th March 2017, 00:01   #11
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Nice bit of a coincidence that you started this thread today, I say this because I had to go and meet Alan there while he was having his V8 treated.

I was introduced to both Robert and Edgar whom were very welcoming indeed, they offered to show us, me and my son a Rover 75 that as been half treated with Krown Rustproofing which Robert had done, this gives you a contrast of treated area and none treated area, right away you can see the difference chalk and cheese comes to mind.

Robert also jet washed the underside of the car while we were there and it just bounced of the coating I was well impressed.

After viewing the underside of the R40 I got talking to Robert and Edgar about the nano meets we have throughout the year, I asked if he would be interested in having a few pop up meets at there unit and they were quite welcoming to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDXSTGPA30w

Therefore I will be seeing them over the next few weeks to try and sort out some dates with them, also they could do a bit of a discount maybe as a few could have the treatment at the same time as the meet, therefore keep your eyes out on the nano meet thread, I will be handing out a few booklets they gave us at the nano on 18th 19th March cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 9th March 2017 at 09:28.. Reason: spelling
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 01:18   #12
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Cheers Steve, very interested!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 07:57   #13
Ededdy

Rover 75 Saloon

Thank you guys for your visit and positive feedback. Was our pleasure to meet you all.

We are looking forward to meeting you again and hopefully we can sort out some dates for pop up meets at our premises

Many Thanks
Edgar

Last edited by Ededdy; 9th March 2017 at 08:04..
Ededdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 08:06   #14
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Hi Edgar

Do you clean any loose rust off before treating? My bottom arms are very good, but the top ones could do with a bit of a fettle before any work, and I can't currently roll under there with my health.

Dawn
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 08:25   #15
Ededdy

Rover 75 Saloon

Good Morning Dawn,

We clean any loose rust, mud, old underseal before the treatment.

Full treatment process steps:
Upon receiving vehicle for our Krown rust proofing treatment.

1. Vehicle will be lifted onto our ramp for inspection for preparation prior to treatment. In general, the Krown rust proofing method requires very little preparation and if needed.
2. We will wash your vehicle underside with a hot jet to remove any excess dirt and/or loose rust.
3. Using specialized Krown designed tools, we spray all internal cavities with our hot rust inhibitor. Our spray guns and rods then finely mist the inhibitor so that it can reach deep into the cavities where other rustproofing products would not otherwise reach. We treat all internal and external suspension arms and sub frames.
4. The sills and all box sections underneath of the vehicle are reached using factory holes and removing grommets. We spray wheel arches and behind the plastic wheel liners. In order to reach rear wheel arches and quarter panels, occasionally we might need to remove rear lights or the boot liner.
5. All doors are sprayed with a rod specifically designed for use with the doors. We are able to reach behind the wings through openings around headlights and front door. All hinges, door locks, latches, fuel filler, wiring loom, battery terminals, external plastic trim and bumper joints are treated with a special short spray rod.
6. This full Krown treatment gives vehicle a full inhibitor coverage over all internal surfaces and therefore the ultimate protection from rust and lubricates all mechanic parts, electrical connections.
7. At the end, we would wash your vehicle to remove any excess inhibitor and over spray mist from exterior panels. All excess inhibitor is wiped away from door apertures and around boot lid and bonnet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcQinkhEmBE

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any other questions you may have.

Many Thanks
Edgar
Old 9th March 2017, 09:49   #16
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ededdy View Post
Thank you guys for your visit and positive feedback. Was our pleasure to meet you all.

We are looking forward to meeting you again and hopefully we can sort out some dates for pop up meets at our premises

Many Thanks
Edgar
Hi Edgar /Robert
Like wise great to have meet you at your premises yesterday and see your set up, as promised I will pop over and have a good talk to you over the next week or about organising a pop up mini meet with hopefully a few owners having the rust treatment adapted to their cars, I will give you a ring and give you my number cheers Steve. (Arctic)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 11:51   #17
Ededdy

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Steve,

Thank you again, we are looking forward to hearing from you

P.S. Thanks for showing me how to check engine temperature on my Rover 75. Done it last night when got back home and it was 78*C after a good few miles like you suggested.

Many thanks
Edgar & Robert
Old 9th March 2017, 12:12   #18
zedhed
Posted a thing or two

zt saloon turbo

just round the corner from me but ain't had nothing done by them.
zedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 16:19   #19
EHD1978
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer & MG ZT 190 SE

I'd like to get this done to my Contemporary SE Tourer. Although in good nick generally, there are some areas of minor surface rust on the underside of the boot floor, and in the drivers rear inner arch. I think it’s a worthwhile investment if you intend to keep your car long term, which I do.

2004 Rover 75 Contemporary SE Tourer 2.5
2004 MG ZT 190 SE (Car number 96 of 151)
EHD1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 16:40   #20
Ededdy

Rover 75 Saloon

Guys you are more than welcome to pop down to our treatment centre, where we can demonstrate and explain more detailed how Krown rust inhibitor works

Glad to say today we have saved another MG ZS

https://www.facebook.com/krownuk/posts/1696623550364503