Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2017, 14:08   #21
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Having lived somewhere once where we had a dispute with a neighbour, it really does run you down, as you are always at edge and wondering "what's going to happen next". As far as I can see, you have two options; either grasp the nettle and go and talk to them, to see if there is a way to settle things, or second, (as I did) start looking for another house in an area that doesn't have such problems. Sadly, it is that simple. Have you reported the incident to the Police?
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 14:12   #22
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Get a spray bottle with some corrosive in it, and very minding your own business spray as you walk by.
Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 14:22   #23
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Reverend!!
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 14:38   #24
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price View Post
Having lived somewhere once where we had a dispute with a neighbour, it really does run you down, as you are always at edge and wondering "what's going to happen next". As far as I can see, you have two options; either grasp the nettle and go and talk to them, to see if there is a way to settle things, or second, (as I did) start looking for another house in an area that doesn't have such problems. Sadly, it is that simple. Have you reported the incident to the Police?
Minty stated in his opening post that he has reported his suspicions to the police and notes to the neighbours. He said he had an altercation with the neighbour he suspects and the neighbour has a bad reputation. Minty said in another post he would not stoop to the level of whoever is causing the trouble.

If I may suggest, I think it's prudent to have CCTV installed at his house, any conversation he has with the suspect - pin hole camera, I have one or an car cam for evidence collection, just a thought.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 15:32   #25
BigJohn
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

I would concur with Gatekeeper, get CCTV installed on the house and position one or two cameras to cover the road outside your house and a dashcam(s) wired so that when required you can switch between ignition live and permanent live. The dashcams might just cover front and rear of the car but it's a deterrent. Road hawk currently have refurbished models on eBay at a reasonable price.

From what you have said whilst I would normally agree with chatting to the person, I think it unlikely he would be receptive, more likely it would antagonise him further. Neighbour disputes are best avoided as the low life invariably come out on top and make decent peoples lives a misery.

I feel sorry for your damage and situation.
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 15:33   #26
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Reverend!!
WHAT!!!!

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 16:12   #27
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I sympathise with you, this is disgraceful behaviour. Retaliation can lead to an escalation. We suffered vandalism last year, same situation we cant prove it. We now have cctv and it has picked up criminal damage.
I agree with fitting cctv
It's sickening this type of vandalism, I hope the culprit gets their comeuppance.

macaee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 16:19   #28
humptynumpty
Retired

Health

My sisters partner years agi had his vectra keyed on every pabel and beeded resprayed and i installed CCTV was informed by police you need a sign or it isnt able to be used in court but also there is no guidelines for size of sign and before my MG was put off road some NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- keyed bonnet that bugs me, i think it was a moron drunkard
humptynumpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 16:39   #29
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

So far as I know, you are only allowed to 'cover ' your own property with camera's. Found that out when we had problems with a very nice neighbour. Used to go out and loud music would come from their property 2 hours after they had all gone out. Had police round on numerous occasions, and Environment department. Nuisance carried on. Friends from Wolverhampton sorted it out for us while we were on 'holiday'. Got no more trouble from them upto the day they left. We had a party, including 'friends' from Wolverhampton. '
Old 12th March 2017, 16:40   #30
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Get a spray bottle with some corrosive in it, and very minding your own business spray as you walk by.
Rev
Certainly not. Water balloons pumped up with cildic bang and thrown at night is how they do it locally.

By time you wake up cars are ruined. Was a victim of it myself when some splashed from a neighbours car when it happened to him.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote