Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd February 2019, 19:00   #21
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Perhaps it was Eric Dier's penalty coming back to earth...??
Old 3rd February 2019, 19:10   #22
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

In my last post somehow duplicated I was thinking about military drones in my reply. I hadnt really considered the small drones you describe but again the drones I have seen look nothing like these objects. It was daylight and although they were traveling very quickly we got a good view. They were balls, not the flatterened cross shapes with four rotors normally seen. They didn't have rotors and they were slowly spinning, not like a frisbee but around the other axis so they would at some times be upside down. I don't think drones can do this and they were the size of a vw golf. I just can't see them being delivery drones or any other type of drone because of these reasons. If we hadn't got such a good view I would probably go along with that suggestion but I will say what we saw were not drones of a design I've ever seen.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 22:47   #23
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

A couple of years ago we watched three orange lights in the sky, moving south to north along the coast, gaining height. After a while, they changed direction and headed out to sea, before flickering and disappearing.

The following day I was told that they were setting off chinese lanterns from the holiday camp down the coast. The wind was southerly at low level and as they gained height, they were taken by the westerly at higher level.

Problem solved!
Old 3rd February 2019, 23:00   #24
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
In 2009 I was travelling towards York and noticed something 'floating' in mid air above a small wood in the distance to my left. It looked like a mirage of a stone tower or chimney. It was pretty big considering the distance it seemed to be from me. Unfortunately, by the time I checked the road and looked back again, my view was blocked by a big hedge and I didn't see it again. I eventually turned around and returned to a layby that had the same view, where I took some photos of the area. This drawing the best way to describe it. I sent a copy to one of the UFO groups to get their opinion.

Swarm of bees
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2019, 12:11   #25
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
A couple of years ago we watched three orange lights in the sky, moving south to north along the coast, gaining height. After a while, they changed direction and headed out to sea, before flickering and disappearing.

The following day I was told that they were setting off chinese lanterns from the holiday camp down the coast. The wind was southerly at low level and as they gained height, they were taken by the westerly at higher level.

Problem solved!
As a said in past post, definitely not Chinese lanterns, as you say they glow and we see a few let off by neighbours. These were nothing like them they were pitch black giving out no light or reflections except for the light blue light at the rear. If it had been night time we would only have seen the blue light so not noticed them at all. Perfect camouflage for a night flying object, or something that spent time in a very black environment. Space maybe !!!
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2019, 15:55   #26
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Swarm of bees
Hey Mick! I bet you got a right buzz solving that phenomenon. . Sorry couldn’t resist it