Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd March 2020, 19:27   #1
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Default FREE 75 car body & some parts incl seats & sunroof, Co. Antrim

Before Christmas, it became apparent that my Mk1 Moonstone 75 was beyond economic repair, mainly due to corrosion in the wiring loom which was going to be too time-consuming and costly to resolve. Much of the car, including the engine and gearbox, was cannibalised to put another 75 of mine back on the road after that one had sat for a few years, and I've kept a fair few items to retain as spares in case either of the other two 75s in the household needs something.

What remains is essentially the bodyshell, doors, boot lid and bonnet, front & rear windscreens plus the interior, which is Smokestone leather. There's also an electric sunroof, which is fully functional. The trim level was Connoisseur, so the front seats are electric & heated. All of these are free to collect, or if you're lucky I might be able to meet you with an item if I happen to be going your direction. There are probably a few other items still in it which I haven't thought of - if you need something, just reply to this thread with your enquiry. Smaller items can be posted at recipient's cost.

The car is currently located in Parkgate Co. Antrim and would obviously need to be trailered away. I've gathered up various switchgear etc so that it doesn't get destroyed if the rest of the car just ends up going to the crusher, but I doubt I'll ever need it so that stuff is here at home, near Armoy in Co. Antrim. I may consider selling some of the other bits & bobs as there's probably more than I'll ever need, but for now this thread is just for the free stuff.

If you're interested in the actual shell of the car or any doors/windows etc, you'll need to be quick as the car is taking up space in its current location and will be removed fairly soon, probably by the end of this week. It'd be a shame for it to get crushed but it can't stay where it is any longer.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2020, 10:12   #2
alphaeagle
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi, MG ZT CDTi

HI Andy....

I would be interested in the interior, with the Smokestone leather seats....

That's the Front and back seats yes????

do you have any head lights for the MK1 as well????

Rover 75 CDTi Copperleaf

Today is just yesterdays tomorrow.....
alphaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2020, 12:21   #3
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Yeah, I've spare headlights. FYI there is a small amount of wear in the usual spot on the driver's seat but it's not too bad - small tears in the leather and the bottom few inches of the piping will need glued back into place. I might be down at the car later on today or else possibly Friday, so I'll see about getting the seats out and set aside for you. When do you think you'd be picking them up?
Old 5th March 2020, 07:29   #4
Dominic22
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V8 Plus Others

Hi Andy

Do you the front rubber sunroof grommets? they sit behind the front wheel arch liners, where the sunroof drains connect into.

I hunted for ages but cars get scrapped before they are taken off.
Dominic22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2020, 13:37   #5
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Pretty sure they or something similar will be there because I had to get the sunroof leak issue cured a few years ago. I should be down there later on so I'll have a look for you.