Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th June 2017, 18:56   #1
b_1_rd
Loves to post

None

Default Washing

Just wondered what you guys are using to wash your cars when it's just getting a wash i.e. not a full clay, polish, wax?

Do you use anything in particular to rejuvenate the wax?

Also, I have been using Autoglym Aqua Wax on other cars which seems to work well after just using their shampoo, but I had only been using the Super Resin Polish up until now, not waxing. Is that as good as anything else?
b_1_rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 19:00   #2
Alikris
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Carpro Reset shampoo, it's LSP safe (LSP= Last Stage Protection, eg wax, sealant etc). Only need 20 mls per bucket and foams a lot. Has an excellent reputation.

Ali.
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 14:08   #3
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

You can use a quick detailer to top up the wax every couple of washes. The Aqua wax you have is ideal for this as you spray it on a wet car and dry.
The shampoo i use has a little wax in it, Autosmart duet, and i like to use Sonax brilliant shine detailer every few weeks after a wash. You can pick it up in eurocarparts on offer.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 15:59   #4
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Hi,

A newbie on here but rather more experienced on the detailing world forum (if you want to see just how awesomely cars be be "cleaned" pop along to the detailing world site

Have a look at CarChem - a small company in Nottingham who are manufacturers rather than resellers. Their 1900:1 shampoo is one of the "benchmark" shampoos (obviously there are others) and is a pure shampoo so doesn't add any "wax" or anything else - it cleans. They have a whole range of products and their customer service is superb - you're dealing directly with the company.

Similarly have a look at Bilt Hamber. Many may well have come across their superb anti corrosion products and they have an extensive and hugely respected range of "cleaning" products also. Their quick detailer (Auto QD) is very good.

As with most things there's dozens of possible alternatives and everyone has their favourite "go to" products. But you can do far worse than washing in 1900:1 and then applying Auto QD.

Simple, quick and very effective.

Happy car cleaning.

Andy.

PS I'm not connected to either CarChem or Bilt Hamber. Just a very happy customer who purchases many of their products.

PPS I would have put the internet links in but they don't seem to be working.

Try these.....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

http://www.car-chem.com/store/

http://www.bilthamber.com/

Last edited by AndyN01; 13th June 2017 at 16:03.. Reason: Trying the links - seem to be OK now
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 17:55   #5
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T5 View Post
........... i like to use Sonax brilliant shine detailer every few weeks after a wash. You can pick it up in eurocarparts on offer.
Another huge fan of Sonax Brilliant Shine here. I've used a good number of quick detailers over the years, but this stuff is amazing. Can't see myself using anything else, at least in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Hi,

A newbie on here but rather more experienced on the detailing world forum (if you want to see just how awesomely cars be be "cleaned" pop along to the detailing world site.........
You're right, DW is an amazing resource and a "must read" for anyone with an interest in the subject. Quite a few of the members here are also members over there (myself included) and I recommend popping along for a visit.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 22:01   #6
b_1_rd
Loves to post

None

Thanks all.

I'm just ordering some Sonax Brilliant Shine now over at euro car parts and they have 35% discount for Fathers day
Old 22nd June 2017, 17:04   #7
b_1_rd
Loves to post

None

Used the Sonax for the first time today seems to work well.

Wouldn't say it gave a better shine than the aqua wax I had been using and it was very different putting it on a dry car (after a wash). Had to google that I was doing it right but it was quite quick and didn't require going over twice like aqua wax to put it on wet and buff off once it dries.

So thanks for the recommendation guys.
Old 22nd June 2017, 19:45   #8
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_1_rd View Post
Used the Sonax for the first time today seems to work well.

Wouldn't say it gave a better shine than the aqua wax I had been using .......
To be honest, I wouldn't expect it to. Remember, the "shine" comes from polishing the paint. Quick detailers, waxes, sealants etc are used to protect the paint. "The Junkman" (a well respected detailer - search Junkman2000 on youtube) once said if a wax or sealant makes a noticeable difference to your paintwork, then your polishing technique needs improving.

The main benefit of the Sonax detail spray is that it's very good at removing water marks, smears etc, and leaves behind a good level of protection that lasts far longer than you'd think.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is online now   Reply With Quote