Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th June 2017, 20:44   #1
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default alternative to IGO 8

I have the Wince 5.0 DD and have just loaded the latest IGO 8 card. I hate it! I cannot read most of the on screen buttons, there is no 'simple mode' and it is the most non intuitive system I can imagine. I wonder if anybody has tried a different sat nav programme on the Wince 5.0. Coolcat has suggested that I go into 'settings' and then'Skins' where I should be able to select the original programme which might be my only choice as Primo seems to be unpopular.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 06:58   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I run Google maps on mine sometimes especially if I am expecting traffic problems on the journey. You will need to make your phone a hotspot and use some of your data allowance.

I had to go to Oxford recently on a Friday pm, using this method I was there and back in under an hour, it really does know where the traffic hotspots are and guides you around them. I had to question the route it took me but it worked for me.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 07:02   #3
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I run Google maps on mine sometimes especially if I am expecting traffic problems on the journey. You will need to make your phone a hotspot and use some of your data allowance.

I had to go to Oxford recently on a Friday pm, using this method I was there and back in under an hour, it really does know where the traffic hotspots are and guides you around them. I had to question the route it took me but it worked for me.
Any idea what data an hour of Google maps use?
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 17:14   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Sorry no idea but I don't have a big allowance on my tariff and I have never been over. Probably best to check before and after a shortish journey if you are worried. I know as soon as I arrive I switch the hot spot off so it is probably on an hour or two max.

There is also Waze, but this relies on other users being live for its information so probably not as good. I did download it but have never actually tried it.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 18:00   #5
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post

Only problem there is that a WinCe unit isn't an Android unit so not really an option as you can't tether the headunit
Old 21st June 2017, 18:49   #6
wuzerk
Passed Away

Default final plea

I have tried Coolcats suggestion in' settings' and 'skin' without success there is only one alternative to 'default skin' and it will not allow it. I can enter my address details and the map appears but there is no button to say 'start'. I have never used the remote control which came with the DD,should I have done? can anybody sell me an original wince 5.0 IGO 8 SD card which is at least five years old please?

Old 21st June 2017, 19:45   #7
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzerk View Post
I have tried Coolcats suggestion in' settings' and 'skin' without success there is only one alternative to 'default skin' and it will not allow it. I can enter my address details and the map appears but there is no button to say 'start'. I have never used the remote control which came with the DD,should I have done? can anybody sell me an original wince 5.0 IGO 8 SD card which is at least five years old please?

Where did you purchase the copy you have at the moment ?

If it was from Sean (Radioguy) have you contacted him to see if he can send another version instead ?
Old 21st June 2017, 22:04   #8
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzerk View Post
I have the Wince 5.0 DD and have just loaded the latest IGO 8 card. I hate it! I cannot read most of the on screen buttons, there is no 'simple mode' and it is the most non intuitive system I can imagine. I wonder if anybody has tried a different sat nav programme on the Wince 5.0. Coolcat has suggested that I go into 'settings' and then'Skins' where I should be able to select the original programme which might be my only choice as Primo seems to be unpopular.

Fred you Probably had the olf Tony Fry IGO?

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 19:38   #9
wuzerk
Passed Away

Default Igo 8 Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Where did you purchase the copy you have at the moment ?

If it was from Sean (Radioguy) have you contacted him to see if he can send another version instead ?
JEFF,I bought it through Sean, I will give him the type and date of my original IGO8 card thanks. Thought I might as well buy another DD unit but Navall 1 and Navall 2 seem to have problems too?
Old 22nd June 2017, 19:44   #10
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I use Sygic on the phone, don't know if that's any use Fred Downloadable maps so no data use
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote