Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd June 2013, 12:39   #1
chas_1
Regular poster

ROVER 75 SALOON

Default Egr or Thermostat

Hi and good afternoon,
I am aware that my 2002 CDTI probably needs both the EGR valve and the Thermostat replacing.The EGR valve for a little more performance and the Thermostat because the Temperature gauge only ever goes to 1/4 warm(I think that indicates thermostat stuck open)I will be buying the Thermostat replacement aluminium piece of kit that fits on the top hose.And one of the EGR replacement kits on the market but there lays the problem,due to finances which one first? EGR or Thermostat?
Other problem I have is the Climate control sometimes makes a sound not unlike a whale,i have put the car on demist and the fan is working also seem to have all speeds the climate control is not ice cold either does this mean just a recharge or is something else wrong.Hope someone can help on these questions.

Regards

Chas
chas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 12:48   #2
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Questions

Yes, your air con needs a recharge.
You do not need a new EGR, just put on some plastic gloves and give it a good clean and then leave the small flexible vacuum hose off with the end blocked off (there is no need to block the pipe fitting on the EGR itself). This means that it will not need cleaning again. The temperature guage should read at 9 0clock when warmed up but is only a very rough indicator of correct temperature ( it will read there between 74C and over 100C). Search for the 'in-hose'
mod.......a little work and less than £10 will solve that problem. this link gives you an idea of what is involved. I was the first to fit an additional stat' to the 75 diesels and it will be three years next October without any problems.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...t+renault+stat

Last edited by wuzerk; 22nd June 2013 at 13:03..
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote