Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th July 2013, 09:39   #1
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

Default Bluetooth Retrofit with BM24

HI,

I know the general consensus is that to Retrofit the BMW OEM Bluebooth you need a BM54 Radio module, but has anyone ever tried with a BM24 or BM54BACK unit? The reason I ask is this pinout diagram:-

It states that Pins 3&8 are for Audio Telephone in, and pin 10 of the main connector is Tele-ON

I was wondering if anyone had ever actually tried connecting to those pins on a BM24 and what happened?

Obviously, the standard Rover Radio module made by Phillips is not a BM24, but I can find no documentation relating to these extra pins? Could they potentially work?

From my research, I have discovered that the never-released Rover Telephone Kit connected to highline via the Ibus, but had a separate speaker which leads me to think that there is no Telephone Audio support via the Phillips module.

I also think it maybe possible to integrate a BM ULF unit to the audio system using a modified "Mute" lead kit - so that Audio is routed separately from the system, but still controllable from the Bordmonitor. Has anyone tried that? Does anyone know if the ULF Audio Out is at line level, or speaker level?

Ideally, I would just buy the BM54 and be done with it, but don't want to risk an unknown ebay purchase at silly money. Would rather buy a tested unit though a trusted forum member (if anyone has one)

Ill keep researching and digging away. Prehap's do some testing. I have a few ideas trying to do this in a cost-effective fashion that ill share if they work!
X10Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2013, 12:48   #2
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

The more I research this, the more I think its possible to have telephone input on the standard Rover interface - indeed one of the connectors is shown as populated within the workshop manual - I suspect this is for the standard MGR kit.

but, I have managed to pick up a BMW MK4 Satnav, BM54, 16:9 screen with CD, ULF, auto-changer, and TV unit plus wiring, so im not going to bother now!
X10Rich is offline   Reply With Quote