Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th March 2017, 13:22   #11
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

Well, ive finally got the noise issue looked into today by Russell from mgroversolutions in Kent... after spending ages trying to figure it out even suspecting an issue with a valve inside the oil filter he thinks its probably a cambelt issue possibly the tensioner. So going to get the whole lot replaced inc all pulleys and water pump and see what happens then
Cheers
Phill
Phill_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 13:29   #12
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

Think the part was a hydraulic tensioner?
Old 11th March 2017, 15:42   #13
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

Not surprised, they were due - last changed in 2009. Glad to hear your having it done, its a lovely car, I still miss it
X10Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2017, 18:13   #14
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

Really? Simon told me he done them himself so I wasnt really worried about it! But im not really sure what he replaced etc. So as it see.s to be making a noise il get them done and hopefully it sorts the issue!also clutch will be the next thing
Old 11th March 2017, 19:00   #15
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

I doubt they were in the time he owned it, too much of a job, and expense, and he wasn't technical - They were over on age when I sold it, but under on mileage. They were done with genuine MG Rover parts by Lates in 2009, the belts may have been Dayco.

Surprised clutch is playing up, not done the mileage, as they were changed in 2009 as well. - Again, the Slave and Master were changed, used Genuine Rover Parts - and the clutch kit was a high quality Borg and Beck. The DMF was not changed as that was spot on at the time.

In fact - the whole car was spot on when I sold it (apart from belts needing doing on age)- I'm very fussy, so I'm very surprised you have had issues (although it is getting on a bit!)
Old 12th March 2017, 02:55   #16
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

I guess I will find out when the guy takes the belts off and see what parts are on it! He couldnt tell me what brands he used, no paper work etc.. most people would remember if they used genuine rover/mg parts im sure!
Im not 100% if clutch is going or if its just me not giving enough oomph when I pull away, am used to driving a diesel but it was used for towing when Si owned it so could of worn, although he only had it a few months I believe.
Im not complaining though, as you say she is getting on but for her age drives brilliant. Oh and the engine top mount needs replacing as its worn. Not sure if thats a big issue really. Cheers
Phill

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10Rich View Post
I doubt they were in the time he owned it, too much of a job, and expense, and he wasn't technical - They were over on age when I sold it, but under on mileage. They were done with genuine MG Rover parts by Lates in 2009, the belts may have been Dayco.

Surprised clutch is playing up, not done the mileage, as they were changed in 2009 as well. - Again, the Slave and Master were changed, used Genuine Rover Parts - and the clutch kit was a high quality Borg and Beck. The DMF was not changed as that was spot on at the time.

In fact - the whole car was spot on when I sold it (apart from belts needing doing on age)- I'm very fussy, so I'm very surprised you have had issues (although it is getting on a bit!)
Old 12th March 2017, 10:02   #17
X10Rich
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 190

No worries, I'm fairly sure at least the main belt will be branded Dayco - also if its the ones I put on, the date code on them will be 2009 or earlier, not later

I always struggled with the clutch control on that car - I assumed it was a 75 "thing" - its quite heavy.

I had never changed the top mount, so It could well be
Old 26th March 2017, 14:37   #18
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

Cambelts all changed and noise now resolved.. thanks for everyones input