Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd June 2021, 23:10   #1
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Default Wasn't Expecting To See This....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxummL5Cg4

About 5 seconds in. Bought a huge smile to my face.
Old 5th June 2021, 21:00   #2
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Not your old car is it David?
Old 6th June 2021, 11:19   #3
Bogbrush82

BMW X3 2.0D

Yup, it's Bones.
Old 6th June 2021, 16:19   #4
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Seen more Rover 75s there than on my trip[ back from Dornoch Scotland to Burton on Trent England....520 miles and saw just two Rover 75 cars both going north...... My old Rover 75 Tourer now on 333000 miles.... she was on the road 9 hours solid coming back and i went via Glencoe north and the engine was running 11 hours lovely!! when i was heading to Dornoch. purs like a kitten... the Rover covered 1500 miles in six days with me popping up to John o'groats and Thurso and Durness and Cape wrath.
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2021, 21:15   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

We love Scotland, but have not been up there for a few years. We always head for central Scotland. Our first stop was at Canonbie, 20 miles from Carlisle. Callander was the next stop. We used to call into an old Winery and get a few bottles of Silver Birch wine. Yes, Silver Birch wine. The Queen Mother used to drink it, and she did not do to bad on it. Oban, then up to Fort William. Then up to Contin to see the Salmon jump. Visit to Glenco on the way back. Never bothered with the eastern side as not so pictorial. We came back from Fort William in one stop once when it was pouring with rain for three days up there. Was lovely and sunny in Brum when we got home, but we still enjoyed the trip over a fortnight. Will have to make another trip up there when we have nothing to do.
Old 6th June 2021, 21:41   #6
Ched

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

The two things that really boil my blood, someone who keeps on putting their hands on the bodywork and, someone who finds it extremely difficult to shut a door by anything but its handle.
Rant over
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2021, 11:10   #7
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
The two things that really boil my blood, someone who keeps on putting their hands on the bodywork and, someone who finds it extremely difficult to shut a door by anything but its handle.
Rant over
Love it when speaking to someone and they casually lean up your car.Ggrrrr
Old 8th June 2021, 22:28   #8
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
We love Scotland, but have not been up there for a few years. We always head for central Scotland. Our first stop was at Canonbie, 20 miles from Carlisle. Callander was the next stop. We used to call into an old Winery and get a few bottles of Silver Birch wine. Yes, Silver Birch wine. The Queen Mother used to drink it, and she did not do to bad on it. Oban, then up to Fort William. Then up to Contin to see the Salmon jump. Visit to Glenco on the way back. Never bothered with the eastern side as not so pictorial. We came back from Fort William in one stop once when it was pouring with rain for three days up there. Was lovely and sunny in Brum when we got home, but we still enjoyed the trip over a fortnight. Will have to make another trip up there when we have nothing to do.

Need to go to north west coast line NC500 of Scotland the best mountains, locks, sheer beauty and you can drive with no one around you for miles and miles,......real freedom.... Sheigrah beech off the B801 the only road on the cape wrath sector ( southside) what views on that... and pop into Britains most remote pub Cask Inn.. just two houses in the village in the mountains top draw off the Tongue to Lairg A836 or is it the A838 !!! those Tongue mountains are spectacular... i ordered at the cask inn ( Orkney isles ale) LOVELY!!

NC500 ( North Coast 500 miles route) is the way to go, inverness is also nice as Britain's last north city!!

Last edited by Olde faithful; 8th June 2021 at 22:33..
Old 9th June 2021, 09:01   #9
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
Seen more Rover 75s there than on my trip[ back from Dornoch Scotland to Burton on Trent England....520 miles and saw just two Rover 75 cars both going north...... My old Rover 75 Tourer now on 333000 miles.... she was on the road 9 hours solid coming back and i went via Glencoe north and the engine was running 11 hours lovely!! when i was heading to Dornoch. purs like a kitten... the Rover covered 1500 miles in six days with me popping up to John o'groats and Thurso and Durness and Cape wrath.
We’ve driven to Horsley in Surrey from Durham and had an overnight stay in Oxford with the Cowley factory visible from our Premier inn . I haven’t seen so much as one Rover 75 . I spotted a well used Rover 25 on Cowley Road driven by a cool looking Rastafarian guy whilst waiting to cross the road , and we parked next to a tidy MG ZR at Wisley gardens but other than that we appear to have the only Rover 75 in the country. I have seen more Jaguar E types this week ( 2 )
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2021, 20:41   #10
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
We’ve driven to Horsley in Surrey from Durham and had an overnight stay in Oxford with the Cowley factory visible from our Premier inn . I haven’t seen so much as one Rover 75 . I spotted a well used Rover 25 on Cowley Road driven by a cool looking Rastafarian guy whilst waiting to cross the road , and we parked next to a tidy MG ZR at Wisley gardens but other than that we appear to have the only Rover 75 in the country. I have seen more Jaguar E types this week ( 2 )
They are out there.... but you really have to look in my 2000 miles trips i saw 2 Rover 75 and 1 rover 45 ( mint condition) and 4 MGTFs