Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th November 2021, 13:25   #1
Retap
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi

Default That front lower arm ball joint - #%&!

Hi folks its been a while but im here this sunday afternoon waiting for amazon to deliver ball joint pullers and a solid pitchfork but chances are it will be dark by the time it comes so another day ticks by but at least its no longer blizzards and gales....

Scenario is Nigel failed MOT on outer balljoint lower arm os, yes its pretty loose and really annoying fact is its the arm i replaced for last mot which was also a tormentor to change and i swore never again yet here we are lol.

This time i bought the parts from Rimmers as the cheaper ebay arm just hasnt lasted so lesson learned and sorry dmgrs i needed delivery fast and rimmer bro was the best option parts are here waiting to go on. However the ball joint will not separate from subframe, its only been on a year and ive snapped my pitchfork which was a cheapo with a screw in handle but has done the job twice before.

Would like to try the dropping technique but dont have the right platform to drop onto and the spring pivot method is not working perhaps as i took the bush off first. Im not sure the balljoint puller i ordered will be big enough so have my eye on the us pro hgv 12 ton separator but by the time ive bought that the cost is mounting and i cant get my hands on it till wed at earliest!

So, any members in the lincs area interested in helping it could be a paying job no problem especially if you have a decent puller for the job. At the least refit the new arm and bush and worst get the old arm off the sub frame as well! I need to get mot certified by end of week, any takers?

Renew auxiliary drive belt # Replace driver door lock actuator # Refurbish wheels

Last edited by Retap; 2nd December 2021 at 16:48..
Retap is offline   Reply With Quote