Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st January 2022, 22:03   #21
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

What an unnecessary and emotional outburst - perhaps 'claptrap'?.

All I will say is that some hold onto their view of what history was or should have been viewed from their narrow perspectives, whilst others make history. Both groups have an equal right to hold their views without causing insult.

Disengaged.
Old 1st January 2022, 23:37   #22
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

No, Maninder. History is history, it cannot be changed, it happened. Nobody is celebrating what is now rightly considered archaic/prejudiced or obscene. What is happening today is that we can now use those social imperatives as rightful comparators of where we are today and the changing attitudes to each other.

Your implied dismissal as 'claptrap' is indicative of a refusal to accept that most of us have the same view but some prefer a more modest, moderate and measured progression towards enlightenment. If my post struck the wrong chord with you I regret that. It goes to show how passions can be destructive as a result of misunderstanding.

To put forward an argument does not necessarily mean either an acceptance or a rebuttal of a principle, just an observation of the human condition.
Old 3rd January 2022, 04:11   #23
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Both groups have an equal right to hold their views without causing insult.
Unless, of course, they don't happen to share your opinion and then they are what? Not illuminated ... racist etc., etc., etc.. You are your own worst enemy, an Emperor of your own opinions and your own insults to others who dare to take a different view to you. But I suspect many will see you as an Emperor with no clothes whose posts often will indeed be seen for what they really are. Antagonistic and in many cases just downright baiting often barbed with the tactics of belittlement and insult for those who don't worship at the feet of your own personal opinions. But, if that is what floats your boat ...

BTW: It is ironic given that Nigger was very much a victim of discrimination himself. Unlike other military mascots, yes he was the 617 Sqn mascot and not just any old dog, he had no career prospects whatsoever within the military. No chance of promotion, no chance of rations or medical care on the payroll and same for his retirement had he lived to enjoy it. And no, that was not because he was black so don't even try it. I don't ignore discrimination but nor will I ignore this nation's history. If that displeases you then you will just have to get used to being displeased - and perpetually so.
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:58   #24
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Let’s start the new year as we mean to go on, fresh faced and getting along with each other on this CAR forum!

Thread now closed

Closed Thread