Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th December 2021, 14:20   #21
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I told Xtrons it seems to be sorted and I have an Email thanking me for telling them and please feel free to contact them if I have any further problems.

Then I have had an Email again today wishing me a Happy Christmas.

There seems to be a 24 hour delay between sending them an Email and a reply but so far there customer service seems to be OK.

Nice to know they are around if needed.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2022, 22:06   #22
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

rebooting itself and changing from radio to satnav and back again. just sounds the same as the chinese D/DIN i had. i did check inside and found one of the ribbons had partially detached giving different signals to the unit. it was only glued as a connection to the plug. lasted a few years though in all fairness before it packed up. another member had problems with the SD card reader inside coming away and breaking circuit. im on kenwood now and i dont think its worth it for me to keep up with every new android and gadget that comes out. ... now then , where are my pipe and slippers ?
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2022, 16:57   #23
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
rebooting itself and changing from radio to satnav and back again. just sounds the same as the chinese D/DIN i had. i did check inside and found one of the ribbons had partially detached giving different signals to the unit. it was only glued as a connection to the plug. lasted a few years though in all fairness before it packed up. another member had problems with the SD card reader inside coming away and breaking circuit. im on kenwood now and i dont think its worth it for me to keep up with every new android and gadget that comes out. ... now then , where are my pipe and slippers ?
Hi
which generation of Chinese DD did you have,was it one supplied by Radioguy or a later version?I had one the original WinCE models from Radioguy,it was poor quality and unreliable.FM Radio reception was awful and it had regular booting problems with the nav.I have since replaced it with an Xtrons DD with built in dab+ radio.It was fitted in 2018 and has so far proved to be completely reliable on all features including TV and sat nav.Sound quality is excellent and reception crystal clear.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2022, 17:44   #24
al_dente
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I now need to find a free downloadable satnav, Google maps is OK but on long journeys I dont like having my phone on.
I don't have experience of these devices, but can't you run Google Maps on the device and not need your phone to be connected? You can download maps offline, so you don't need an internet connection.

If you want an alternative app, I used the HERE app a couple of years ago on my phone and it was OK.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....here.app.maps

At the time, I think HERE was powering the satnavs on a lot of cars, such as Audi etc.
al_dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2022, 20:35   #25
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

if i recall , my radioguy version was the mk 2. the last available before the navall era. alot of the early ones if i recall were troublesome way and above the second wince versions. thinking back radio guy charged big bucks at the time ,compared to what you can buy now for the equivalent money. i think mine ran wince 5 , not sure now. the problem was you could not reboot the system, if corrupt, like you could a p.c so relied upon a reboot that was not.. sean did provide a link to download but that link did not last long . to be honest it was ok and i did like it. however , these days i have as i said in my last post no inclination to keep updating and going in there . the kenwood is reliable and does all i need paired up with iphone for satnav waze and apple play siri. although for what i paid i could have 3 or so new chinese units,but wanted this one hopefully on a longer term basis. i dont want to keep changing units. the erisin units have a good reputation , and are one of the leading quality chinese units. whatever you buy can be a lottery , both with a high price tag or not. i do like the alpine units though , but they cost big money, so i settled midway with the kenwood. As i said earlier ,i cannot complain about the D/DIN i had from sean, but it was just sad that there was no backup.
Old 7th January 2022, 20:48   #26
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Wink

oh and by the way, i forgot to mention that seans D/Din lasted a good 5 yrs. so not too bad. i did try to repair but economically it was not feasible. so it hit the back of the dustbin. my wifes civic still has her original radio installed in her car used and abused daily. 2005 alpine. if i recall the better units in the 75 radios were amongst other makes alpine., alot of which are still going strong even today, but now lack the whistles and bells of the new androids. i prefer to spend less time on the car these days as i have spent thousands too many hours in the past .... working outside on a busy main road all weathers is not something that i encourage anymore as the years roll by ... ( violins )
Old 7th January 2022, 21:37   #27
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

I've got a wince/navall unit in my v8, and it shows its age, however it works.
I'll get round to replacing it at some stage, I have a touch screen alpine unit in my daily, a 7 inch screen but a single din chassis, and its absolutely brilliant, expensive but brilliant, it has apple play and android as well as sat nav, its ability to fine tune music beggars belief.

I've been looking at the dynavin radio, it gets a good write up and they have a 2 year warranty, after this they offer a repair service for £120, they also get some very good reviews, whereas the likes of erisin etc get a 73% bad review.

At the end of the day only you can decide if you want a quality item or a cheap radio that may or may not last or work correctly.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2022, 22:34   #28
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

yes dynavin ... thats up there with the best. i did read a while before i installed my kenwood, that they made alot of the BMW ,AUDI, and mercedes supplied systems. so alot of the chinese stuff is very good. spoilt of course by the masses of cheap repros you see advertised online .manufactured ,in some cases using the cheapest components available. wonder if they have problems with the supply of chips ? ( P.S not the take away type , that they cannot cook here in the traditional way )
Old 7th January 2022, 22:41   #29
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

The Dynavins must be ok, a used version for our cars and the e46 is at the moment non existent on the second hand market, unless they just get binned.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2022, 08:50   #30
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

not to put the mockers on some of this ,

But my dad had a Radio Guy supplied unit in his Little Merc , and it was a Dynavin, and nothing special , just a typical bit of Chinese tech it was too , very similar in quality to those Navall he sold at the time .

but was very ( mercedes) expensive at the time .

but did mostly work .

your Choices are limited to chinese made items, or big name brands with Big prices ( don't look inside to see where they are made ) .

Still got a WinCE unit in the V8 ( duff card reader) , and an xtrons android in the CDTI. both work but the Android, has the occcasional hiccup, loses stations and boots with a block screen ( rare) .

Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 8th January 2022 at 08:54..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote