Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th February 2022, 21:01   #61
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
People who can afford the prices of Classics should be paying double mileage rates.
Au contraire. Classic car insurance, free tax, no MoT needed. Classic cars can be run very economically indeed if restoration isn't needed, especially if you bought the cars many years ago & can maintain & service them yourself.

They can also be very expensive if you have a few that are not in very good condition but this is certainly not a yardstick to measure wealth & no excuse to penalise owners.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2022, 17:03   #62
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The lack of depreciation is the biggest plus. Most modern cars loose at least £50 a week and that pays for a lot of repairs and maintenance.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2022, 17:46   #63
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
Au contraire. Classic car insurance, free tax, no MoT needed. Classic cars can be run very economically indeed if restoration isn't needed, especially if you bought the cars many years ago & can maintain & service them yourself.

They can also be very expensive if you have a few that are not in very good condition but this is certainly not a yardstick to measure wealth & no excuse to penalise owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The lack of depreciation is the biggest plus. Most modern cars loose at least £50 a week and that pays for a lot of repairs and maintenance.

In which case it is quite right that they should pay a little extra. After all, they've saved enough by not paying VED or for MOT.

We have an answer for dealing with all non-poor people!
Old 11th February 2022, 18:35   #64
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Absolutely. The reason we have poor people is that the wealthy accumulate far too much wealth. We humans were born to be poor, but not to be so poor that we cannot afford to live. Make the wealthy poorer and we achieve a state of natural equilibrium as god and nature intended.

As for classic cars, they are generally owned as second or third vehicles. This is an example of an unnecessary accumulation of wealth.

I have nothing against wealthy people, other than the recognition that the desire to accumulate wealth is an aberration and a disease that should be eradicated.
you are so funny. I do think you post with little thought to what you are saying. If we dont have wealthy people who will support the poor, your thinking that it will equal out is just so wrong.
Rich and poor was well explained in a series War Factories, those that made money made more. Those that made more won the war. The manufacturing figures between those that made money and those that did not was staggering.
After the war the UK economy boomed because people...workers....made money during the war

With your thinking, where is the incentive for people to become rich if they have to give it away?

Your posts indeed indicate you have something against wealthy people

You will always have rich and poor.

As shown, classic cars are cheap so one owns a Rover 75 and a cheap classic and you have a downer on them, own a few year old Ford Mondeo that costs more then the other two put together and you are happy?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2022, 19:08   #65
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

Your posts indeed indicate you have something against wealthy people

macafee2
It's not only rich people that I hate. The scope of my feeling is broad to the point of being almost universal. It's just that rich people are near the top of the priority order.

Quote:

With your thinking, where is the incentive for people to become rich if they have to give it away?

macafee2
There will be no incentive for people to become rich, only to work in order to survive. Oh yes, we will have ways of making them work!
Old 11th February 2022, 19:53   #66
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
It's not only rich people that I hate. The scope of my feeling is broad to the point of being almost universal. It's just that rich people are near the top of the priority order.

There will be no incentive for people to become rich, only to work in order to survive. Oh yes, we will have ways of making them work!
why do you hate rich people, what have they done or not done to you or your family?

Do you run a business and employ people?
I have already told you that during WWII those that made money produced more, more ships, planes, guns, trucks, etc etc and that after the war the UK economy did well. You seem to ignore this. The other side did not have workers making money, they produced so much less. Is this what you want?

I see that you did not answer the question about the Ford Mondeo and you did not respond to if wealthy people are poor who will support the poor?

I genuinely want to know why you hate the rich? Please do take the time to tell me.

macafee2
Old 11th February 2022, 23:31   #67
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
why do you hate rich people, what have they done or not done to you or your family?

Do you run a business and employ people?
I have already told you that during WWII those that made money produced more, more ships, planes, guns, trucks, etc etc and that after the war the UK economy did well. You seem to ignore this. The other side did not have workers making money, they produced so much less. Is this what you want?

I see that you did not answer the question about the Ford Mondeo and you did not respond to if wealthy people are poor who will support the poor?

I genuinely want to know why you hate the rich? Please do take the time to tell me.

macafee2

Of course I do not run a business - how could one do that and expose oneself to the danger of becoming rich?

Hating others is a basic human instinct and right. This in itself is more than enough reason to hate anyone and everyone. Many pretend that they do not, but in reality they kid themselves or even worse just try to kid others. In fact many of them actually hate themselves but for some strange reason do not wish to reveal themselves. We may have a few of the type here on the forum.

There is no pint in hating the poor as they have very little to be hated for. So why not hate the rich - the same people that most others hate.

To answer your specific question about who will support the poor, they will no longer need supporting because the wealth will not be concentrated in 1% to 2% of the population. Everyone will be equally poor but not so poor that they need to be supported by others.

In fact, it is enough to just enjoy hating the wealthy as a sport - sort of enjoy the sport while it can be played. One day there may not be enough of them around to make the sport worthwhile.

Last edited by MSS; 12th February 2022 at 09:42..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 07:57   #68
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Of course I do not run a business - how could one do that and expose oneself to the danger of becoming rich?

Hating others is a basic human instinct and right. This in itself is more than enough reason to hate anyone and everyone. Many pretend that they do not, but in reality they kid themselves or even worse just try to kid others. In fact many of them actually hate themselves but for some strange reason do not wish to reveal themselves. We have a few of the type here on the forum.

There is no pint in hating the poor as they have very little to be hated for. So why not hate the rich - the same people that most others hate.

To answer your specific question about who will support the poor, they will no longer need supporting because the wealth will not be concentrated in 1% to 2% of the population. Everyone will be equally poor but not so poor that they need to be supported by others.

In fact, it is enough to just enjoy hating the wealthy as a sport - sort of enjoy the sport while it can be played. One day there may not be enough of them around to make the sport worthwhile.
I can only assume you are trolling because if not, then you dont know wtf you are talking about

macafee2
Old 12th February 2022, 08:19   #69
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
I can only assume you are trolling because if not, then you dont know wtf you are talking about

macafee2

I don't see how you could possibly consider it trolling when one answers your specific questions.

As for not knowing wtf one is talking about, that is another natural human state and a basic human right. Further, I would suggest that many occupy this state whilst pretending otherwise. If I do occupy this state, I am perrfectly content with it.
Old 12th February 2022, 08:55   #70
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
I don't see how you could possibly consider it trolling when one answers your specific questions.

As for not knowing wtf one is talking about, that is another natural human state and a basic human right. Further, I would suggest that many occupy this state whilst pretending otherwise. If I do occupy this state, I am perrfectly content with it.
troll

macafee2