Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th February 2022, 16:32   #13321
Southern Star
Loves to post

Rover 75 CTDi Contemporary SE

My lad drove up at the weekend, a 350 mile round trip and among numerous other jobs on the narrowboat, motorcycle and moped we painted the newly repaired offside sill. We painted the underside and textured lower section of the outer sill with stonechip (following thorough preparation and masking up) then re-masked and went over the whole sill with Simoniz Tough Satin Black paint.

I know that on an 05 car the sills should be colour-coded but I thought a good colour match might be difficult, I had the satin black paint
already and I like the look of the Cowley built cars with their black sills anyway. I think it makes the car a little less "slab-sided". Will probably do the other side this weekend, weather permitting.

The Union Alloy wheels are "wrong" too but I prefer them to the Star Spoke alloys they replaced and the larger tyre profile gives a far better ride.

Incidentally I had to go to work for a couple of hours on Sunday morning and as a reward for helping me and as we are based on a privately owned industrial estate not covered by the Road Traffic Act, I gave him his first ever driving lesson in an articulated lorry, and from the look on his face I'd say he enjoyed it.

Last edited by Southern Star; 7th February 2022 at 17:42..
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2022, 18:27   #13322
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
Had my rear outer sills done on the tourer after a mot fail in October. Due to time taken to get the work done & the mot backlog in NI, it was January before I got another mot. Due to delay, It had to go through a full mot, and failed again….for an inner sill.🤬
All done again, for 3rd attempt in a weeks time.🙄🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And finally a pass for the tourer 😃

2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2022, 19:41   #13323
Pistons_and_processors
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Dropped the ZT-T off at the garage for some pre MOT work, tie rods, lower rear bushes and handbrake drums tightened.
Hopefully getting the AC condenser replaced and intercooler O rings at the same time, additionally whilst the bumpers off swap the fog lights over 🤞🏻

Old 9th February 2022, 15:47   #13324
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Almost sunny, so replaced the rusty brake pipe section, fitted new front exhaust and cat
Found it was 2 inches shorter so joiner barely long enough , longer one ordered
Found my yuasa battery gone flat and doesn't want to charge ..so still can't do the autobox fluid level.
Hopefully do something friday..
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2022, 17:00   #13325
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

Finally got the rear washer working and everything reassembled after replacing a split section of pipe with reinforced fuel hose (to deal with the small bending movements when the glass is opened). The jet needed a blast of air to clear and then Gorilla Glue to fix it back in place in the glass hole. Cleanest rear screen in the east.

Still enjoying a much improved auto transmission performance after changing the ATF a few weeks ago. Makes such a difference.

There's a whiff of fresh diesel coming from the engine somewhere on occasion so will have to investigate in due course. But not tonight as family coming for a Chinese and hot tub. Have a great weekend peeps.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 136,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 11th February 2022 at 17:04..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2022, 18:51   #13326
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Default Wam

After a successful job ( with help observations from club members) eliminating Blue Smoke from one of my diesels (PCV Filter solid!) I then completed installation of some DRL's. All was well - until , driving home last night a very old dog shot across the road. Brakes hard on , almost stopped - then bang!
I got out and gradually moved it out of the traffic - front legs move, rears drag on ground. It had got out from an open gate , belonged to an old chap with cancer and was a treasured pet. Both he and his wife had been out trying to find it. Now at the vets but my car has a nasty case of flaking paint across bumper and rad fan loudly hitting something. Just when I was really happy with the car too! There is no way I am going to ask that old chap to pay in any way given his situation. A pure accident - a black dog out of the dark quite literally. I will be positive - remove bumper and respray myself , garage will sort out the bent fan etc.
Oh well - feel sad about the pet.
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2022, 20:08   #13327
Bazzateer

As a former dog owner and lifetime dog lover (will have another when I retire) it saddens me to hear this. However, in my old career when we had a vehicle accident where no other vehicle was involved the standard excuse was swerving to avoid a black dog in the road.
The traffic department then issued a message announcing "It is with deep regret that we have to inform all officers that the black dog passed away last night." No more excuses.
Old 11th February 2022, 22:52   #13328
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Got the goods ordered for the upcoming service I am doing. Thanks to dmgrs for their KV6 service kit, went for the full bhuna set + oil, then online for engine flush, coolant system flush with coolant and distilled water along with in tank fuel filter for when I fit the orange clip too.
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2022, 23:35   #13329
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzateer View Post
However, in my old career when we had a vehicle accident where no other vehicle was involved the standard excuse was swerving to avoid a black dog in the road
That same black dog caused me to unavoidably reshape (from vertical to horizontal) the sign outside the Nick when reversing the prisoner van one Sunday morning when I was young in service. Skipper arrived, introduced me to the Black Dog and told me what actually had happened. We were never told that it had died though.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 136,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2022, 00:43   #13330
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I've never had a "Black Dog" incident however I once hit a full grown Alsatian on the highway. I was driving my MGB-GT at night at about 80 MPH. I was going around a bend when the dog appeared in my headlights directly in front of the car. Upon impact the front of the car left the ground and I almost lost it. The front bumper was torn in half and the fog lights were gone. I dragged the very dead (female) dog off the road, pulled the front wing off the tyre and limped it home.