Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th February 2022, 21:05   #121
Bazzateer

Sadly, Facebook has killed off a number of forums and clubs.
Anyone in the Imp Club can organise a meet, as long as they inform the events organiser they can be covered by the Club's PLI. Maybe, this club can look into doing the same?

Old 25th February 2022, 06:58   #122
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

How many of us are still going to longbridge on the 23rd I wonder? The green team have let the club down on this one which is a shame as there will not be a club stand as planned, I feel as a club if we are going to survive is to have more club meetings at either regular venues or other places arranged by club members and get this green team lack of support sorted out while we still have a club

Last edited by dave lincs; 25th February 2022 at 16:51..
Old 25th February 2022, 07:31   #123
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzateer View Post
Sadly, Facebook has killed off a number of forums and clubs.

Anyone in the Imp Club can organise a meet, as long as they inform the events organiser they can be covered by the Club's PLI. Maybe, this club can look into doing the same?
Personally I think the thing that is going to kill this forum is not Facebook ( I'm a member of a few Facebook groups) but inaction, why be a member if nothing much happens?
I know the individual members of the green team cannont be on 24 hours a day so why not have a larger green team ?
This forum is already withering on the vine as it is.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 25th February 2022, 08:28   #124
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lincs View Post
Paul
Surely if more mets are arranged and East Kirkby is an annual meet it can only do good for the club? It seems quite simple to me that if there is no support from the Green team the club will slowly drift away

Dave
Prior to reading these more recent posts I have just had a message off another member saying he was sad to see me selling my 75. He asked my reason why? My answer was that there are barely any meetings anymore, nothing happening local at all so there is no point keeping it. I have my MG tf which we are out with local clubs as well as the bigger ones pretty much every other weekend, the social side of ownership of these vehicles is the main thing in my opinion and it just isn't happening within the 75 club with the odd exception. I understand the pandemic has caused difficulties but something needs to start happening soon before all the great members that make up this club disappear.

Steve.
Old 25th February 2022, 08:53   #125
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

I'm sad this is not happening as was hoping to go . i will be going to POL but not sure with which group as the MG SUV REG are not doing a stand and i am taking my MGZS which is the only car which has not been to pol or had it photo taken at Q gate my 75 has been many times to POL as has the F . i hope soon we can start to en joy our cars as we did pre virus . . i will certainly look for 75s at POL

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
Old 25th February 2022, 11:36   #126
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Frustrated to see that there is not going to be a Club stand at POL, but at least I can now bring whichever of my Rovers I choose on the day. To tack our "National" onto Roverfest which has already been delayed for 2 years is sensible this year, but I would hope a little more effort could be put in going forward.
Old 25th February 2022, 16:56   #127
Bazzateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
Personally I think the thing that is going to kill this forum is not Facebook ( I'm a member of a few Facebook groups) but inaction, why be a member if nothing much happens?
I know the individual members of the green team cannont be on 24 hours a day so why not have a larger green team ?
This forum is already withering on the vine as it is.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
This forum is far more active than the Imp Club forum and there seem to be dozens of new members every week or so. I wouldn't write it off just yet!

Old 26th February 2022, 07:30   #128
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzateer View Post
This forum is far more active than the Imp Club forum and there seem to be dozens of new members every week or so. I wouldn't write it off just yet!

That’s a good point, new members will join up, but how many will stick around if the social side of things isn’t very active?
Old 26th February 2022, 08:43   #129
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

The social part of the club is a major part of it as I'm sure most of us have made quite a few friends within the club, Whithout the meets and events we will drift apart
Old 26th February 2022, 09:39   #130
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lincs View Post
The social part of the club is a major part of it as I'm sure most of us have made quite a few friends within the club, Whithout the meets and events we will drift apart
agreed last two years or so lost touch with many as nowt much happening , ive done very little rover stuff but done some mg stuff

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
Closed Thread