Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th March 2022, 20:38   #13421
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Fitted the orange clip (black in my case), the filter housing was still tight together so left changing the filter as no point in disturbing it unnecessarily.
Adjusted the exhaust , retorqued the upper arm bolts with my new torque wrench, creaking should now be solved.
Ran captain tolleys around the rear screen, hope that will stop the last of my leaks.
Ordered a set of coil packs from dmgrs, I think I only need one but the price was good so went for all 6 and I should have 5 spares one I figure out the dodgy one.
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2022, 00:33   #13422
Bazzateer

Drove the ZT to where the 75 was parked and took the 75 down to see the family in Fareham. Drove faultlessly as expected. Going to brim the tank tomorrow and check the consumption, expecting about 35mpg.
Old 6th March 2022, 13:05   #13423
Popcorn
Loves to post

55 cdti tourer slush box executive grill

So decided to Jack up the rear of the tourer and tackle the flakey rust which I had noticed when doing the rear arms, gave it all a good scrub with the wire brush applied rust converter and now waiting three hours for it to do its thing,will then paint over with silver smoothrite then cover with wax rust guard liberated from work .now supping coffee and watching reruns of car sos
Popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2022, 13:36   #13424
bsafly
Just going about!

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE Tourer starlight silver and serpents. MG ZT-T 190+ in Raven Black.

Washed the 75 and ZT-T, checked all fluid levels, corrected tyre pressures and rodded out the plenum drains.
Now gone inside to sit in front of the fire and thaw out, although it's sunny that wind is freezing!
Old 6th March 2022, 17:29   #13425
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

That means more overtime Dave.Getting a bit costly for fuel now.I keep topping up the 2.5 so I don’t faint when I fill it up. Diesel still in garage till June when I intend re commissioning it. That will cut my cost’s down, not that we are doing many miles at the moment.
Old 6th March 2022, 20:04   #13426
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMG View Post
Heard a terrible grinding noise from the rear offside of Farage but luckily was just down the road from my Dad's - inspected the rear wheel on arrival and the pad has worn down to the backplate. Plenty left on the other side?

I've had this recently when one of the rear pads corroded between the friction material and the backing plate and the friction material fell out. The rear brake pads can last a long time with careful use - many years since I replaced them.

Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2022, 23:00   #13427
MDMH757
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Took driver side window switches apart cleaned contacts as all windows/mirrors wouldn't work.... surprised amount of dust/fluff which had accumulated.

Then fitted a DAB+ aerial, now crystal clear as FM signal wasn't great on normal radio of my Chinese double din unit.
MDMH757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2022, 19:53   #13428
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
I've had this recently when one of the rear pads corroded between the friction material and the backing plate and the friction material fell out. The rear brake pads can last a long time with careful use - many years since I replaced them.

All changed today - 2 discs and 2 sets of pads in 2 hours start to finish. Nice when everything goes well innit!
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2022, 18:06   #13429
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMG View Post
All changed today - 2 discs and 2 sets of pads in 2 hours start to finish. Nice when everything goes well innit!
However in my haste to get the job done I must have forgotten to wipe down the inside of the hub so the handbrake is slipping !!! Doh!
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2022, 23:12   #13430
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75

Replaced the front springs yesterday and today which I'd fitted in November and discovered they were incorrect for the car. The car kept grounding and checks revealed the ride height was way too low. Finally sourced the correct ones (Purple/Blue specs, most heavy-duty fitted to any model) and was unable to compress them adequately. Happily a local tyre depot obliged on their machine for £18 and I fitted them this afternoon. Much better - sits higher and corners more firmly.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 136,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote