Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th March 2022, 23:04   #21
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Unfortunately I can't see it being due to a leaking oil cooler Jon as, due to the pressure differential between the oil and coolant inside the oil cooler, you'd expect to see oil in the coolant, not coolant in the oil if the interface failed.
However----------------The pressure differential could vary according to the engine speed.---

When the engine is switched off the oil pressure vanishes but the coolant pressure drop is much slower.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2022, 09:00   #22
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
When the engine is switched off the oil pressure vanishes but the coolant pressure drop is much slower.---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post

The only way I can think of coolant getting into the oil with a leaking oil cooler is after a fully warm engine is shut down, as then the oil pressure drops off but the coolant will still be hot and under pressure, but I haven't seen this.
I did mention that earlier Jon.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2022, 21:12   #23
paulbn61
Avid contributor

RoverRover 75 cdti Tourer 2003, Rover 75 cdti 2006.

Thanks to all advisors. Now finally got a garage to do the job. The head gasket had blown completely, the oil was mayonaise, so was the water and th radiator competely gunged up and "cooked" and the engine actaully seized up,. The glow plugs were pretty well weak anyway, and the rad unuseable, but she now runs sweet as a nut, only requires a good run round to finally check everything. Keeping fingers (and everything else) crossed. I suppose its true that I could have bought a really good 75 for the 1800 its cost me in total since the original clutch issue, but that's the definition of a money pit. If I get at least a couple of good years witghout more issues I'll be happy.
paulbn61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2022, 22:39   #24
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

It's still cheap motoring. I always remind myself of people spending 200-400 a month on PCP - not only to they have to pay some huge maintenance bills (e.g. £700 for brakes on a volvo of some description) they have to either still buy the remaining half of the car original purchase price at the end of the term or send it back in A1 condition with nothing to show for what they spent on it. £1800 every couple of years ? peanuts.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote