Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2022, 12:19   #41
JefferiesFarnol
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post

Yes, well done Hector. You've saved yourself a shed load of money there and have a fan on which you can rely for many more years.

It's been a great pleasure to assist you.

Simon

Thank you for your help Simon, when I was down you picked me up again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Hector.
Excellent work carried out by you to fix the fan, i was at one stage going to contact you to say i had a spare, did you replace the shannon tube?

Thanks for the thought Arctic,
Yes, I replaced it with a nice blue one to match the colour. I found that the silicon ducting really needs jubilee clips which thankfully mine came with.
JefferiesFarnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2022, 14:41   #42
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Just a thought....I did this job some years ago on a Diesel tourer, ended up buying a "Jules" fan and just replaced the old one. Expensive but I thought worth it....Anyway the point I wished to make is, that when you have the lighting front cover off, plus the crash beam, you should see alignment marks (very small but there) on both upper and lower panels. I didn't realize this, so on reassembly everything was off center and although it bolted together, it was obviously not right! plus I had gaps where before I didn't!
So I was forced to restart, off then back on, it was then as I was re-placing panels in place that I saw the alignment scribe marks.
So just a quick tip, hope it helps might save you a headache!!
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2022, 17:34   #43
JefferiesFarnol
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Just a thought....I did this job some years ago on a Diesel tourer, ended up buying a "Jules" fan and just replaced the old one. Expensive but I thought worth it....Anyway the point I wished to make is, that when you have the lighting front cover off, plus the crash beam, you should see alignment marks (very small but there) on both upper and lower panels. I didn't realize this, so on reassembly everything was off center and although it bolted together, it was obviously not right! plus I had gaps where before I didn't!
So I was forced to restart, off then back on, it was then as I was re-placing panels in place that I saw the alignment scribe marks.
So just a quick tip, hope it helps might save you a headache!!

Thanks for the tip, is that if you take the front and top sections of the headlight panel apart? I just took them off together as one piece if so. I had my own headache with this as I didn't put one of the bonnet release cables back properly and the other one had a kink in it already which now won't return to the locking position after opening. I've ordered a new cable so I've got to take the front off again soon to replace that. I'll keep an eye out for the marks when I do!
Old 5th April 2022, 12:36   #44
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferiesFarnol View Post
Thanks for the tip, is that if you take the front and top sections of the headlight panel apart? I just took them off together as one piece if so. I had my own headache with this as I didn't put one of the bonnet release cables back properly and the other one had a kink in it already which now won't return to the locking position after opening. I've ordered a new cable so I've got to take the front off again soon to replace that. I'll keep an eye out for the marks when I do!
Of course I have just realized we are talking about two different set ups, as in the diesel the fan is tucked away behind two panels, lighting plus crash panel. But you have a petrol tourer like mine which only requires the lighting section to be removed.
However there are two sets of alignment marks in order to get center, when you bolt the lighting section back on, just make certain the three vertical scribe marks on both sides are equal distance from attachment panel, plus equal gap above and below.
Attached a small picture (which shows mine could do with a slight nudge.) anyway hope it helps, although so far you have done great..

Incidentally I have a tool set which will remove any rounded off bolt (within reason), if any member or yourself wish to borrow it please get in touch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1150.jpg (133.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1151 (2).jpg (137.7 KB, 22 views)
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.

Last edited by Caskin; 5th April 2022 at 12:39.. Reason: more info
Old 5th April 2022, 16:04   #45
JefferiesFarnol
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Of course I have just realized we are talking about two different set ups, as in the diesel the fan is tucked away behind two panels, lighting plus crash panel. But you have a petrol tourer like mine which only requires the lighting section to be removed.
However there are two sets of alignment marks in order to get center, when you bolt the lighting section back on, just make certain the three vertical scribe marks on both sides are equal distance from attachment panel, plus equal gap above and below.
Attached a small picture (which shows mine could do with a slight nudge.) anyway hope it helps, although so far you have done great..

Incidentally I have a tool set which will remove any rounded off bolt (within reason), if any member or yourself wish to borrow it please get in touch.

Ah, I see now. That is useful information. As I say, I've got to get it off again anyway to put the new bonnet cable in so I'll make sure it's all properly aligned when it goes together again after that!
Old 5th April 2022, 18:41   #46
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferiesFarnol View Post
Ah, I see now. That is useful information. As I say, I've got to get it off again anyway to put the new bonnet cable in so I'll make sure it's all properly aligned when it goes together again after that!
Those slam panels marks on all the Rover 75 petrol or diesel, and the same process is needed to remove a fan from petrol or diesel.

Bumper off.

Slam panel off.

Remove with lights attached.

Petrol fan as two clips under the bottom of the cowling.

Diesel two bolts at the bottom.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2022, 13:45   #47
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Those slam panels marks on all the Rover 75 petrol or diesel, and the same process is needed to remove a fan from petrol or diesel.

Bumper off.

Slam panel off.

Remove with lights attached.

Petrol fan as two clips under the bottom of the cowling.

Diesel two bolts at the bottom.

There you go Steve ,just shows you are never too old to learn, remembering is the problem!!,,,,,but at least it helped the member,,, thanks for the heads up: