Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th April 2022, 10:15   #21
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Define poor service?

My wife and I have banked with a well know high St bank all our lives. Only it's no longer a high St bank as they have closed all the branches. We've been told that we will no longer have an overdraft facility. Now we've never used it as we've never been overdrawn, but that's not the point - things may go wrong? Also they want to charge us £20/month/each for the services the accounts provide and have said we could always pop into a branch to discuss the changes.

Alternatively we could move our custom elsewhere, but they'd be sorry to see us go

Really?

Sorry for the off topic rant.

I think BT are flippin' fanatstic.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2022, 11:39   #22
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

My tolerance for what I think is poor customer service is very low.

macafee2
We could never have guessed that!

I tend to very forgiving of mistakes etc. but nevertheless very rarely have anything to complain about.

We recently had a situation recently where we received a letter from our bank which seemed to imply that a refund we had previously received as a charge-back had to be paid back. So I phoned customer services and the lady who answered listened to what I had to say and just replied 'what you've said is absolutely correct and our letter was not very well written'. She then went onto say that she has just obtained permission from her manager to credit our account with £80 as a gesture of an aplogy for having to call in unnecessarily.

I think being polite and empathetic with people goes a long way in life and establishes a rapport which makes them want to do their best for you.
Old 7th April 2022, 13:11   #23
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
We could never have guessed that!

I tend to very forgiving of mistakes etc. but nevertheless very rarely have anything to complain about.

We recently had a situation recently where we received a letter from our bank which seemed to imply that a refund we had previously received as a charge-back had to be paid back. So I phoned customer services and the lady who answered listened to what I had to say and just replied 'what you've said is absolutely correct and our letter was not very well written'. She then went onto say that she has just obtained permission from her manager to credit our account with £80 as a gesture of an aplogy for having to call in unnecessarily.

I think being polite and empathetic with people goes a long way in life and establishes a rapport which makes them want to do their best for you.

In your case, one phone call and all sorted. Neither of my calls EDF or BT got the problem sorted. I got another reply from EDF this morning, mind blowing, all I can think is that a computer is reading my emails and asking about Cottam Power station is beyond its programming.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2022, 13:39   #24
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Google can be your best friend
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...shire-49899169
Old 7th April 2022, 14:05   #25
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Being polite and empathetic should work both ways but those who hold all the cards rarely reciprocate.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2022, 14:16   #26
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Being polite and empathetic should work both ways but those who hold all the cards rarely reciprocate.

I never seem to have a problem with that either.

In fact, I often finish phone calls thinking that if I wasn't married I would have wanted to offer the lady a dinner invitation. Especially the lady from the bank with her smooth Scottish voice. It was instant love at first hearing. But I was happy to settle with a £80 credit!
Old 10th April 2022, 09:36   #27
MSS
This is my second home

Default I have just worked it out.

My success and lack of disappointment with people can only be due to my personal charm, charisma and abundance of that quality otherwise known as magnetism!