Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th April 2022, 16:56   #11
Bazzateer

I normally fill up at my local COSTCO as it's much cheaper than the usual places. They had no diesel today so had to pay about 8p/litre more at Shell.
Old 9th April 2022, 09:27   #12
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Had to get some diesel today, and my local Esso, which normally price matches Asda etc, only had the expensive super diesel on sale, so rather than risk not getting fuel by shopping around like i normally would i put half a tank in, £50 FOR 25 ltrs, to say i'm shocked would be an understatement, luckily that gives me 3/4 of a tank, so i've got enough to drive to Bromley tomorrow, and should only need to top up to ensure i have a full tank when i go to Longbridge.
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2022, 09:48   #13
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
All panicking because of that extinction rebellion mobs trying to blockade oil distribution terminals.
Saw these loonys on the news sitting on top of tankers and refusing to come down.

If I was a tanker driver they'd be given two choices, get down, or a long, cold and windy ride on top !!!!
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2022, 10:18   #14
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogodon View Post
Saw these loonys on the news sitting on top of tankers and refusing to come down.

If I was a tanker driver they'd be given two choices, get down, or a long, cold and windy ride on top !!!!
Icy cold high pressure water jets, should do the trick, very hard to cling on when cold and wet , no doubt they will complain about their rights etc,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2022, 17:49   #15
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Just been reading the ER faceache page. They have a lot planned for the next month or so. They've been slashing the tyres of tankers apparently and saying that the government aren't allowing the news outlets to report what is happening. However:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ndon-hyde-park

And

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61050643

Reading the posts they ain't going to stop. Fear someone is going to get hurt.

Or worse.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2022, 21:10   #16
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

The only ‘rights’ they have are to ‘protest’, full stop. They do not have the right to cause disruption, or trespass onto property, which includes vehicles. They also do not have the right to obstruct in anyway, anything, be it vehicles or people. The police are a waste of time. I do not know why we pay them.
Old 10th April 2022, 08:06   #17
Borg Warner

None

Getting worse:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustStop_...0%2Fframe.html
Old 10th April 2022, 15:14   #18
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post

No doubt the same people will be demonstrating when the new Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts bill gets through parliament.

https://www.bigissue.com/news/activi...ht-to-protest/
I hope so. This is a dangerously invasive and loosely worded bill that leaves us all at the mercy of the police. The misuse of stop and search and the misuse of the terrorism act will pale into insignificance if this bill is passed. Add to that the police virtually begging for neighbours to spy and report on each other and we are getting close to pre WW2 Germany.

As with all jobs, there are good and bad police, but I feel that this bill is written especially for the latter.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2022, 15:28   #19
Borg Warner

None

Ere you go:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rom-uk-drivers

I often wonder, with all these laws and constraints placed upon us over the years, what is that I could do 40 years ago that I can't do now?
Old 10th April 2022, 16:29   #20
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Plenty of petrol stations down here in Kent near me around the coast are running low or have run out of fuel mainly diesel, these Crazy fools obviously don’t realise what they’re achieving, which is probably the exact opposite of what they want, i.e. lots of people are driving to the petrol stations and filling their vehicles up with fuel, when some people wouldn’t normally do that, but because people need to get to work and go to hospital appointments and important stuff like that they need to make sure they have sufficient fuel hence the extra demand or need for fuel.

I guess all these protesters managed to get to all these locations either by walking or using pedal pushbikes or something to that effect, but I highly doubt it more likely they went there in minibuses or vehicles that can carry a large number of people that were probably diesel vehicles anyway, complete idiot fool hypocrites.
I have no problem with people peacefully protesting but when they start disrupting peoples lives that’s an entirely different matter
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote