Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th April 2022, 12:08   #51
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Oh dear! Good, bad, or indifferent from those who have no means of knowing what or how the inner sanctums work! Or what happens in the corridors of power. Perfectly entitled of course in every way, but predictably partisan. Where are the mods now I wonder. Funny, that. Must say though, I'm as scathing as anybody else.

Probably busy calculating someones outstanding subs!

My offer remains on the table for anyone finding this all too much.
Old 14th April 2022, 12:52   #52
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

I too followed the rules. But that is what I do, I may not agree but it is the way I was drug up. People in charge seem to rarely follow the rules they make. The police, MPs, councillors, managers of companies. I had to visit the doctors earlier to day. Chappie I saw said he had the same problem some years ago whilst on a night shift at the local hospital. At the end of his shift he took himself to the relevant department asked a mate to have a look and he said what the problem was and got him in to see the surgeon the following day.

One rule for one eh? Anyway good luck to him, why shouldn't he?

Once again we seem to be playing the man and not the problem. We have a disliked political party headed by a thoroughly disliked individual in government. I mean what could possibly go wrong????

Politicians. Mendacious, duplicitous, two faced. Whatever their breed.

Journalist. Mendacious, duplicitous, two faced. Whatever their breed.

The public. Weak minded and easily led by the above.

I've always voted, it's my duty. Going to struggle the next time around. None of 'em are worth my cross in the box.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2022, 12:56   #53
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

There's always the Raving Loony Party. They tell the truth about themselves.
Old 14th April 2022, 17:53   #54
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The PM's relationship with the truth has never been a secret. Even during his reign as London mayor he fell foul of various traps laid for him by opponents. Yet he became prime minister, entirely on the combination of firstly the votes of the general public who elected him as an MP. Then on the closed register of his party's members.

In the combination of England, Wales, and Northern Ireland (in no specific order) he was supreme with absolutely no doubt about the result. It resulted in an impressively huge majority. None of that is politi...., it is common law fact.

I confess, if he were to shake my hand, heaven forbid, I would be sorely tempted, in his presence, to make a public show of counting my fingers. All the feigned disgust at his obfuscation is predictably from serial distracters who seem unable to accept the democratic process. Unless, of course, they are supporters of a different result to the rest of the voters. Now that's pol....s for you, right there.

Oh, and by the way, my subs were paid before being due.

Last edited by wraymond; 14th April 2022 at 17:56..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2022, 17:54   #55
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Have they dropped ‘monster’ …….?
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2022, 19:25   #56
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post

Oh, and by the way, my subs were paid before being due.
Ok, to be precise, they were probably busy working out the remaining period on the subs in order to facilitate principle based decision making.

My apologies for the loose language - I blame my working class upbringing for that. Once a peasant, always a peasant.

I have to say that I am disappointed more fellow peasants have not worked out the true Wraymond. I have always suspected that the 'glass stainer and wood carver from sussex' cover was fake and that what we were really dealing with was an inscrutable Mossad operative operating as a one-man sleeper cell sent over here to analyse the UK's political postures. Your earlier post commenting on how little others understand the way that politics works in the corridors of power has confirmed my suspicions.
Old 15th April 2022, 03:32   #57
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Bunch of hypocrites, how many of you on here who are slating these people off
can honestly say they have never had any one round during lockdown for a cup of tea and a chat, I know I have.

He who is without sin cast the first stone.

Rev.
Good morning Julien, well said.

When I lived in North London, my next door neighbour was a Labour MP and when I needed a character reference, he wrote one up for me signed and dated with his parliamentary stamp no problem, but sadly he later lost his seat in a general election. He was a family man and quite approachable, I am not sure if he told any lies through his work as an MP, but with me he was always straight.

Like everyone else we had to follow the lockdown rules, no parties.

A Happy Easter to Dawn and yourself

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 15th April 2022 at 04:11..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2022, 07:10   #58
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Sue Grays report will inform us of the culture in a lockdown no10 over a long period. I would think we will be drip fed with notice of further no10 fines, I’m sure we will be able to then make up our minds re - our leaders lockdown behaviour.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2022, 07:37   #59
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Not quite sure which is more concerning. The felons, the felonies or the hysteria being whipped up by the media across all the various platforms? The Beeb opened up another hys on the subject yesterday, same comments as previous ones. The Guardian the same with their letters pages. Twitter is rife also and as for faceache? Well on a certain page they are positively apoplectic. Another car forum I frequent the contributors are almost rabid. It's as if folks are trying to out do each other on what the say.

Most embarrassing.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2022, 07:52   #60
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Julien, well said.

When I lived in North London, my next door neighbour was a Labour MP and when I needed a character reference, he wrote one up for me signed and dated with his parliamentary stamp no problem, but sadly he later lost his seat in a general election. He was a family man and quite approachable, I am not sure if he told any lies through his work as an MP, but with me he was always straight.

Like everyone else we had to follow the lockdown rules, no parties.

A Happy Easter to Dawn and yourself
A very good morning to you both, I see you have been in the wars again health wise, give our love too Jessica and also a very Happy Easter to you both.
Please take care.

Julien.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote