Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th April 2022, 21:52   #61
MarkS
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, called Perseverance

Smile

Tass announces that Moskva has not sunk, but is completing it's trip to Sevastopol underwater.
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2022, 12:55   #62
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
The Russians have never been good at anything, they steal technology from the west and remake it, badly. They got stuffed by the Finns in 1940 until they overcame them by numbers. That's all they are capable of, bullying. The Ukrainians are showing the same courage as the Finns and giving Russia a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- nose. Stand up to a bully and he will back down.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
The t34 tank wasn’t a bad tank when it first came out.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2022, 17:32   #63
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

There are ominous signs appearing that money talks louder than atrocities. International ratings agencies are circling with warnings that Russia has not made its repayment on its international loans and is now in default.

It paid what was due in Roubles but the bonds and contracts insist on dollars and there is no alternative. Russia is now in a 28 day 'grace' period. If the correct terms are not met it will be the first time Russia has failed to repay its foreign debts since the Bolshevik revolution of 1917.

Maybe another revolution in the land of revolutions is on the cards.

Maybe Mammon will triumph over Inhumanity.
Old 16th April 2022, 23:57   #64
Gelen

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
In my mind Putin seems to have been around forever,and in some ways I had a slight admiration for him as a strong and capable leader.Untill now that is,never in my wildest imagination did I believe he was capable of the evil and brutality that he has shown over the last month.I'm not the most well informed on world affairs,and perhaps a little naive,but he and his regime have truely shocked me with their actions.
He prepared for this war for several years. It is hard even to see what is happening in Ukraine, so I can't even imagine what it is like to be there right now. It would be great if all countries stand for Ukraine and stop making business with Russia as they support Russian aggression in this way. Just found a good video on the topic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7p4YJEqAtU&t=2s

Last edited by Gelen; 21st April 2022 at 07:39..
Gelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2022, 08:53   #65
mbev51
Banned

Removed

If we can ween ourselves off Russian energy, Putin’s ability to finance his war will be limited.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2022, 10:57   #66
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

https://www.euronews.com/2022/04/16/...stand-on-cutti

https://www.goodto.com/money/where-d...oil-gas-654919
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2022, 11:00   #67
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I think we are looking at things from the modern, high-consumption, highly commercial perspective i.e. our perspective.

Russian people have a capacity to endure a harsh life. As do Indians and the citizens of many countries around the world. Russia I believe is largely self-sufficient in basic food and in energy. These are the basics for life and living. Whether the luxury perfume manufacturers or the fashion retailers who import their goods from Turkey, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India....and sell onto fashion-conscious cosmopolitan buyers at exbortinat prices remain in Russia will be irrelevant to the majority of Russians. Fast food manufacturers leaving Russia may save the country expnses in not having to spend so much on healthcare. War will take priority, as it does for the Americans. Remember the US spends nearly $800 billion on defence each year yet chooses not to provide basic healthcare to a considerable % of its citizens.

I watched this interview yesterday, which is quite interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgiZXgYzI84

The real challange to the world is from China - the country whose build up of armed forces we are feeding every day because it makes economic sense today to be able to buy cheap.
Old 18th April 2022, 16:34   #68
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Purely by accident I happened to come across something a bit creepy. In the very first edition of that august publication The Spectator, dated 5th July 1828, in its very first news article, there was the report:

‘The Russians are advancing slowly in their invasion of Bulgaria: the army has crossed the Danube at several points, and thrown a bridge over the river.'

History nerds (in the politest possible sense) should be having a field day. Not much changes, it seems. Hopes for a quick cessation seem in vain.
Old 19th April 2022, 06:22   #69
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
If we can ween ourselves off Russian energy, Putin’s ability to finance his war will be limited.
I'm surprised we didn't distance ourselves more on energy and other stuff after Salisbury. But just like dealings with Hitler, nations thought the softly, softly approach would bring Russian into the sunlight.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2022, 07:57   #70
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Despite what is going on in the background, it appears something is working:

https://f24.my/8Y6N

As for others:

https://f24.my/8Wgp
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote