Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th April 2022, 13:22   #91
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
So, are we now to compare one with the other? That'll be interesting! Be wary of closure, it's been very close once or four times!
Nobody is being aggressive or nasty about others points of view. Hopefully the mods will see that. You must have the ear of a moderators or two.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2022, 14:41   #92
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Couldn't agree more Michael. So far, for quite a time, virtually the only subject has been one person (with not a little vitriol thrown). I wonder if similar enthusiasm for name calling will suddenly become old hat and quietly subside for a while. Talking of subjects....well, better leave that. Oh, and so far as I know, I have only ever come into contact with one 'Mod' and he was a perfect gentleman.
Old 18th April 2022, 15:40   #93
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Teflon Nicky it is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61142777
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2022, 16:40   #94
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

At last, a positive to come out of hiding! It shows how sensible the Scottish police can be compared to their counterparts elsewhere! Or do I mean 'canny'?
Old 19th April 2022, 14:12   #95
Borg Warner

None

There's going to be a vote it seems:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-61143220

Popcorn time.

But he'll not lose.

But everyone else will.
Old 19th April 2022, 17:54   #96
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Oh dear, what a pantomime! Starmer, desperate for some gravitas, couldn’t remember beyond half a sentence what had been written down for him by a spad and had to go to his notes repeatedly. Embarrasing, and totally without ‘bottom’. As for that idiot Blackford, what a blaggard. How anybody could take him seriously beats me.

We are represented by so few actual ‘statesmen’ it is, again, embarrassing to think these clowns get so much international attention. Johnson will escape with his trousers intact. I use the word ‘statesmen’ loosley. The nerve of Theresa May. ....er , possibly the worst and most awfully useless PM in history, to criticise anybody also beats me.

I do wish there was some acceptance that 80% of what those stooges Witty and Valance trotted out was cobblers. Thousands, if not millions, of people openly ridiculed the obvious phoney tragedy in their sobbing crocodile tears. That’s the embarrassing bit, not the bottle of wine on a garden table with three work colleagues.

Last edited by wraymond; 19th April 2022 at 17:56..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2022, 19:12   #97
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
Oh dear, what a pantomime! Starmer, desperate for some gravitas, couldn’t remember beyond half a sentence what had been written down for him by a spad and had to go to his notes repeatedly. Embarrasing, and totally without ‘bottom’. As for that idiot Blackford, what a blaggard. How anybody could take him seriously beats me.

We are represented by so few actual ‘statesmen’ it is, again, embarrassing to think these clowns get so much international attention. Johnson will escape with his trousers intact. I use the word ‘statesmen’ loosley. The nerve of Theresa May. ....er , possibly the worst and most awfully useless PM in history, to criticise anybody also beats me.

I do wish there was some acceptance that 80% of what those stooges Witty and Valance trotted out was cobblers. Thousands, if not millions, of people openly ridiculed the obvious phoney tragedy in their sobbing crocodile tears. That’s the embarrassing bit, not the bottle of wine on a garden table with three work colleagues.
Watched it and like you thought it was a joke. Worrying that Starmer needed a crib sheet. Think that whether he stays or goes, the damage is done. He was right in one thing though, with all that is going on in the world this sorry state of affairs is something we all could do without.

Even if he gets the red card I think the government's position is poor to say the least.

God help us going forward.
Old 19th April 2022, 19:36   #98
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Watched it and like you thought it was a joke. Worrying that Starmer needed a crib sheet. Think that whether he stays or goes, the damage is done. He was right in one thing though, with all that is going on in the world this sorry state of affairs is something we all could do without.

Even if he gets the red card I think the government's position is poor to say the least.

God help us going forward.
There is an assumption there that the PM actually has any real influence on what goes on in the world. Did anyone notice BJ standing there on his own after one of the summits in Europe recently whilst everyone else was shaking hands around him?

Quote:
Couldn't agree more Michael. So far, for quite a time, virtually the only subject has been one person (with not a little vitriol thrown). I wonder if similar enthusiasm for name calling will suddenly become old hat and quietly subside for a while. Talking of subjects....well, better leave that. Oh, and so far as I know, I have only ever come into contact with one 'Mod' and he was a perfect gentleman.
Wraymond, it's great to see you moving on from just politics and taking an interest in car stuff. It's such a shame that this has been left so late and to a time when you have indicated a desire not to be part of this car centric club anymore.

Nevertheless, we have finally found common ground - Vitirol is the best rust prevention/treatment available.
Old 19th April 2022, 20:16   #99
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

MSS, I offer some gentle advice in a fraternal effort to improve discourse, as opposed to criticism. Please, desist from your apparent attempts at attempting to either imply or convince you have some sort of insight into my psyche. Your frequent allusion to some sort of equivalence or deeper psychological understanding of what gets said is somewhat embarrassing and wholly fatuous. Be a gent, realise I am not worthy of your apparent efforts to psychoanalyze. Thanks.
Old 19th April 2022, 20:56   #100
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
MSS, I offer some gentle advice in a fraternal effort to improve discourse, as opposed to criticism. Please, desist from your apparent attempts at attempting to either imply or convince you have some sort of insight into my psyche. Your frequent allusion to some sort of equivalence or deeper psychological understanding of what gets said is somewhat embarrassing and wholly fatuous. Be a gent, realise I am not worthy of your apparent efforts to psychoanalyze. Thanks.

Wraymond, thank you for the kind words.

I would say thought that you give me too much credit. I do not even think that I have an insight into my own psyche.

As for psychoanalyze, I will be back after consulting my Oxford, proper hardback version, disctionary.