Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th April 2022, 09:46   #271
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Finally got hold of our account, apparently they've moved it to a new platform? Where we are showing as nearly £400 in credit

However when I work out our bill it's actually only around £45 in credit. Not bad for a winter quarter.

We fixed it last autumn before it all went pear shaped. 2 year deal.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2022, 09:50   #272
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Our's went up £70...

Got up this morning and turned th heating off as im doing th dusting and hoovering today. Another thing, is during th dry spell i found it was so much nicer to iron after th clothes had dried on th line..

As anyone else found any other possitives...? Cuz i avnt...
Old 7th April 2022, 10:18   #273
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
Our's went up £70...

Got up this morning and turned th heating off as im doing th dusting and hoovering today. Another thing, is during th dry spell i found it was so much nicer to iron after th clothes had dried on th line..

As anyone else found any other possitives...? Cuz i avnt...
A small positive of sorts, our son in law has made contact with the husband of a work college and the husband is a tree surgeon. When our son in law has a day off he is going to work with the tree surgeon to gain experience and he will be paid in wood. As families help families, he has said he will call us for me to collect a load for ourselves. I collected two loads for him last week and the third load he let me have. They have enough wood for perhaps 2 winters, all free. Wood does not take long to burn.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2022, 11:48   #274
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

These are the unit rates,method of payments distribution networks & standing charges for gas & electricity across the country.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2022, 12:38   #275
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Excellent findings Ian... Looks like sunny Stoke in th North west and Yorkshire is th place for cheapest fuel. Its hailing here and 18.6 inside. 5.7 outside.

Im sweating after th hoover fest. Heating will be put back on in th hour though. 21.39kw used so far this morning of gas. takes 14 kw to get th rads upto 65c from cold.

Beats watching th telly this smart meter..
Old 22nd April 2022, 08:43   #276
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Oh dear:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/briti...meter-26768914

Not so smart then.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2022, 11:10   #277
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
I love this " As a result of a faulty meter we have been unable to adjust any of our energy habits since moving into our new property." I am not sure if that is quote or just padding out the article. It is this simple, if it is on, it uses electricity, if it is off, it does not.
Months to sort out the glitch, perhaps they need new software engineers? Sounds more then a glitch

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2022, 11:18   #278
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I love this " As a result of a faulty meter we have been unable to adjust any of our energy habits since moving into our new property." I am not sure if that is quote or just padding out the article. It is this simple, if it is on, it uses electricity, if it is off, it does not.

macafee2

To be fair, I can see a lot of people coming up with that sort of a line - including some on the forum.

It's the same as people complaining about trains always being late as opposed to people not leaving home early enough!
Old 22nd April 2022, 11:39   #279
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

An experienced view of any 'official' explanation about anything is more like Smart Alec than merely smart. How anybody swallows all this cobblers is beyond my understanding. What the heck ever happened to scepticism. No wonder we elect pretenders.

Last edited by wraymond; 22nd April 2022 at 11:43..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2022, 06:31   #280
MarkS
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, called Perseverance

Angry Smart meters

I understand that when the government floated the idea of smart meters, they stated that installation would be voluntary.

Ever since the energy companies have been compelled by the government into installing smart meters, I have received numerous letters from the electricity supplier, 'implying' that my meter is now 'dangerous', and therefore needs replacing.

It may not be coincidence, that before the government put pressure on the energy companies to install smart meters, my electricity meter was not described as 'dangerous'.
They use many different weasel words. But the intent to frighten is obvious.

Their latest trick is now they 'may' book a replacement, whether you want one or not. At the moment, one has the option to 'cancel'.
But mistakes can happen, and 'cancellations' can always be 'lost'.

There are truthful stories circulating that some smart meters are charging £40,000 a day for electricity. And if you're 'told' that smart meters can't make mistakes, ask the hundreds of postmasters who went to prison, because of known software faults

And that for the last two months, users of smart meters are 'unable' to access online details of their consumption, due to 'software difficulties'.

We ARE being lied to, about our existing meters being 'dangerous'.
The fact that smart meters are 'always' connected to the incoming mains, and consuming power, components ageing and slowly dying, makes smart meters more of a fire risk.
Components inside them do have a finite life. And the only protection is your 100A service fuse. You can generate an awful lot of fire before your 100A service fuse blows. You can't turn your smart meter off overnight, like the stories of 'vampire' devices encourage you to.

But smart meters 'do' allow the energy companies to remotely switch off your electricity supply, without reference to the courts, if you disagree with your bill for £40,000, and refuse to pay.

So, eventually, could a hacker. And not 'if', but 'when'.

You have been warned.

Last edited by MarkS; 27th April 2022 at 07:13..
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote