Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd October 2019, 06:19   #1
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Default Members or club in Norway

As above do we have any Norwegian members or is there a club in Norway?
As mentioned previously I'm planning a jolly there and want as much advice, tips and guidance as I can get, there is no rush as it's a long term aim but I do like to plan 😉

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2019, 06:45   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

VikingMG is from Bergen. Send him a PM.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2019, 09:21   #3
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Interested to hear how you're planning on getting there as, as far as I'm aware, there are no ferries between UK and Scandinavia.

If you plan on driving through Sweden I've got a pretty good contact net if anything should happen.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2019, 09:32   #4
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Interested to hear how you're planning on getting there as, as far as I'm aware, there are no ferries between UK and Scandinavia.

If you plan on driving through Sweden I've got a pretty good contact net if anything should happen.

Regards
If you search YouTube for 'Harry's garage' then look for Rolls Royce to the arctic circle, that's what gave me the idea 😉
You can see how he did it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2019, 12:22   #5
dattrike
Posted a thing or two

V6 2ltr auto in copperleaf +CDTI Auto in Royal Blue on loan to Son

Another member here
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=15464
Old 22nd October 2019, 22:33   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

what time of year are you thinking of going

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 05:02   #7
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Hi There! Greetings from Norway!

Planing such a trip thoroughly is always a good idea. What is your planned route? What time of the year will you travel?

There is no MG/Rover club in Norway, and there is not many MGR`s here either. You will probably be feeling a bit "lonely" between all the grey euroboxes most are driving. There are no garages that have MGR`S as their speciality, but if you ran into problems, the Land Rover garages might be your best option. I Recon that there is a club in Sweden btw..
The key is to carry critical spares and the necessary gear for the conditions you may meet. Tyres is critical for winter driving. If you are going in the summer, no problem going standard tyres but in the winter you should have good winter tyres for Scandinavian conditions like Nokian Hakkapelita or equivalent. Most winter tyres sold down in Europe is not made for these conditions. People living in snowy areas do only trust studded tyres, but not seen those necessary for a drive-through. They are illegal to use down in Europe anyway. Carrying snow chains for the front wheels may get you out if stuck. Learn how to put them on before going. Have enough warm clothes, food and water in the car in case you get stuck somewhere in snowy conditions. Make sure your antifreeze is up to date and your battery is healthy.

More than that, except for saying that everything is expensive here, is what came to my mind at this moment.... Just keep the questions coming
I have to admit that I have not been longer north than Bergen.... So thinking of a trip up to north cape or past the arctic circle is still on my bucket list...

Last edited by beinet1; 25th October 2019 at 05:06..
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 08:07   #8
RoverP480
Gets stuck in

None at the moment

I have been over to Norway many times since 1985 usually with my Land Rovers both new & old but also my P4 Rover . Remember Norway is not in the EU but is in the Schengen agreement . There is Road pricing with automatic tolls using number plate recognition. If you don't pay as you go, you will be sent the bill back to address in UK . There is no penalty for this .
In the summer weather is usually fine but there can still be snow on the highest passes but road generally are clear. I have taken a few spares with me in the 1955 Land Rover , but otherwise just had comprehensive breakdown cover.
I am planning to visit a LR meet next year organised by the Norsk LR Klubb https://www.nlrk.no/
Previous time I went was 4 yrs ago in the old LR and travelled overnight to Hook van Holland , then drove to north Germany with another overnight stop , then to Denmark and took the ferry to Kristiansand .
RoverP480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 12:06   #9
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverP480 View Post
I have been over to Norway many times since 1985 usually with my Land Rovers both new & old but also my P4 Rover . Remember Norway is not in the EU but is in the Schengen agreement . There is Road pricing with automatic tolls using number plate recognition. If you don't pay as you go, you will be sent the bill back to address in UK . There is no penalty for this .
In the summer weather is usually fine but there can still be snow on the highest passes but road generally are clear. I have taken a few spares with me in the 1955 Land Rover , but otherwise just had comprehensive breakdown cover.
I am planning to visit a LR meet next year organised by the Norsk LR Klubb https://www.nlrk.no/
Previous time I went was 4 yrs ago in the old LR and travelled overnight to Hook van Holland , then drove to north Germany with another overnight stop , then to Denmark and took the ferry to Kristiansand .
Driving a LandRover product is a bit easier as you say as there are clubs all over the world with a lot of people willing to help. I now drive a Freelander 2 on my daily basis and is also attending the local club now and then. I may probably show up at the annular meet next year also. Time will show
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 12:16   #10
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinet1 View Post
I Recon that there is a club in Sweden btw..
The Rover Club of Sweden: http://www.roverklubben.se/
General Rover Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Roverklubben/
Rover 75 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1800705170206717/

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote