Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st December 2021, 11:39   #161
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
I've been looking through this thread to see what I'm missing. Then I looked up the price. £30000+ and only does just over 100 miles? I could get 10 immaculate R75s for that. And probably do some of the repairs myself - or trot down the road to someone I know who can. These EVs will cost a fortune to clock into a garage.

Sorry chaps, but I'm sticking to what I know.
The ones that drop to around 120 mile range in the winter are the old model with smaller battery, as far as I know, it's no longer available new, so only 2nd hand are for sale, which start around £21,000 for the top spec.

The £30,000+ are the new long range models, which are supposed to be capable of something like 260 miles, but obviously less in winter. Even then, there are companies out there doing deals, I've seen them advertised for just under £30,000 for the top model, with the base model somewhere around £26,000.

I had been planning on getting the HS PHEV to replace the ZT, but for me the performance while towing wasn't acceptable, from various user reviews it only had a range of about 130 miles while towing, which would mean at least 2 stops, but more likely 3, for our journeys for holidays, which I don't want.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2021, 13:52   #162
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
I've been looking through this thread to see what I'm missing. Then I looked up the price. £30000+ and only does just over 100 miles? I could get 10 immaculate R75s for that. And probably do some of the repairs myself - or trot down the road to someone I know who can. These EVs will cost a fortune to clock into a garage.

Sorry chaps, but I'm sticking to what I know.
That's fair enough, albeit to buy a brand new 75 in today's money would probably be similar to the EV.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2022, 12:10   #163
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

First Snowfoam of the year

Nowt to do under here

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2023, 17:03   #164
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

What are you MG EV'ers using for public chargers? I never really fancied a wallet full of RFID cards or lots of different charging companies apps on my mobile phone to use public chargers.
We got assigned to Octopus energy by OFGEM when our utility supplier (AVRO energy) went belly up a few years ago.
I've just found out that Octopus energy have a new card called Electroverse. The Electrocard gives you the power to charge with one simple tap across the UK & beyond with no fees or charges on a multitude of public chargers & your account is linked to your home utility bills. I got mine in the post today.
https://electroverse.octopus.energy/

Old 13th May 2023, 11:43   #165
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
What are you MG EV'ers using for public chargers? I never really fancied a wallet full of RFID cards or lots of different charging companies apps on my mobile phone to use public chargers.
We got assigned to Octopus energy by OFGEM when our utility supplier (AVRO energy) went belly up a few years ago.
I've just found out that Octopus energy have a new card called Electroverse. The Electrocard gives you the power to charge with one simple tap across the UK & beyond with no fees or charges on a multitude of public chargers & your account is linked to your home utility bills. I got mine in the post today.
https://electroverse.octopus.energy/
Well I thought I'll try this Octopus energy electroverse payment card out so I tried two local places with Osprey 50kW chargers & on both occasions at different places they weren't working.Zapmap reckons they were available & working!!!! Good job I don't have to depend on them.

Old 15th May 2023, 00:38   #166
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

I've used the electric universe card on Ionity and Shell recharge both with no problems and cheaper then just using a contactless.

Thankfully things have improved now and other then when I use the Octopus card pretty much all chargers are just straight forward contactless now so my myriad of apps and cards is largely redundant.
Old 12th November 2023, 19:16   #167
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Just scored a good deal on a Ohme pro 7kW home charger for the garage. It'll be connected to the wi-fi to make use of smart cheap rate overnight electricity tariffs 7.5p/kWh between the hours of 12:30 & 04:30.

New Ohme Pro 7kW charger installed, They've gone to the chippy for dinner & just need to connect it up to the fuseboard this afternoon.

Last edited by Lancpudn; 15th January 2024 at 11:56..
Old 15th January 2024, 12:36   #168
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

New Ohme Pro 7kW charger installed, They've gone to the chippy for dinner & just need to connect it up to the fuseboard this afternoon.

Old 15th January 2024, 14:26   #169
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Done & dusted all up & running with a snazzy new phone app.

Old 15th January 2024, 23:27   #170
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Default Bit the EV bullet

I've been following this thread with great interest and finally acquired my first ever brand new car at full retail price
It's an MG 4 X Power. Had a road test and came back with a big smile. Went for plain white since other colours were extra.
Pro's are many. One pedal driving is effortless around the town. Acceleration is nuts. Charging at home is fine on a 13a socket for our own needs. I did a round trip Redruth to Plymouth with some pottering around in between and arrived back with 30% charge left. Weather was cold with heater set to 23c (as instructed by swmbo).
Full use of heated seats and steering wheel. I feel the stated real world range of around 185 miles is fair for winter driving. Really nice sound system, eerily quiet having no ICE under the bonnet. 7 year warranty is re-assuring.

There are a few irritants at present. Complex software which reverts to a default setting of 'normal' every time the car is locked. Don't much appreciate collision assist as a normal setting adjusting my steering for me on winding local roads! Unstable bluetooth connection to my phone. And just now, told by OVO energy that this model isn't compatible with their charge anytime EV tariff of 7p/kw hour. Currently paying 26p/kw/hr still means much cheaper than a tank of petrol, but my insurance came in at £500 with Halifax who were the cheapest by far. So no real saving being exempt from VED.
I'm hoping it turns out to be reliable and doesn't burst into flames, die going through a puddle or refuse to stop as has happened to other unfortunate EV owners.
Having said that, I'm enjoying the car (so far). Fingers crossed
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote