Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th April 2020, 07:19   #1
heathernstewart
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon, diesel contemorary se

Default no reversing lights or reversing warning signal

Hi. My husband has managed to replace the reversing light switch and we have checked that the fuses is okay. Still no reversing lights or signals ! Any ideas please /

Grateful in anticipation, Heather
heathernstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2020, 07:59   #2
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Get him to whip it out and push the plunger fully in with it plugged in and see if that works. If so then everything else is fine and it either isn't screwing in far enough or the plunger isn't long enough - French Mike put a blob of solder on the end of the plunger.

If it doesn't work out of the gearbox then test the switch, and check you have voltage at the plug. If they check out then trace the signal wire from the plug back and test it for any breaks.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2020, 11:36   #3
GeoffWW
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connoisseur SE Auto, Also fully restored Mk 2 1966 MG Midget

Default No reversing lights or signal

You don't indicate whether your car is manual or automatic.

Mines an auto and I had the same problem, including the autogear selector on the transmission tunnel not indicating which gear was selected.
It turned out to be fuse 23.
This fuse had blown, (reason not found, although I had been fiddling about with my rear view mirror connections, reverse wire possibly shorted the fuse).
I replaced the fuse and all was well again with the rear lights, and the gear selector panel lights were back on again.
My son found that fuse 23 wasn't identified correctly on the circuit diagrams in the Haynes book or Rave.
GeoffWW is offline   Reply With Quote