Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th September 2018, 17:33   #61
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Now you really took it too far! I thought you were taking it a bit far previously, but giving you the benefit of the doubt also. I suggested the formatting issue, not just for Tantallon's benefit, but for yours in the hope that the 'lies' could be explained. I did not know if there was an issue with you, or whether you had 'history' with him. But you continued with a rant that suggested that you had history with him. I could not make the formatting point any clearer. I thought it would be rude to ask if you had an issue either with him or yourself, so left it at that.

Now though you are being silly and irritating, it was quite obviously formatting error/issue. It is obvious, so obvious that you even believe it! (your comment mentioning an honorable explanation or words to that effect, suggests that). Just a word of advice from decades of forum participation, if you are going to make a comment about someone's spelling, just make sure your own spelling is up to critique.

Dear clf.
Thankyou sincerely for you efforts of mediation with Tantallon.

You say " it was quite obviously formatting error/issue. It is obvious, so obvious that you even believe it! (your comment mentioning an honorable explanation or words to that effect, suggests that)."

The precise words I used were.
"You have been given a few honourable escape routes, but still persist to lie."
Using the word honourable for the benefit of Tantallon. This has nothing to do with me believing it was a formatting error nor does it suggest that. Just giving him an opportunity to explain it away, which I would have accepted.
(Although a precise insertion 2 lines up into my post is not a formatting error.)
Also the lies and sob story, one of which he quickly deleted.
The honourable escape routes could have included
I made a mistake.
I made a formatting mistake. (offered by yourself, albeit me biting my lip)
I miss quoted I was thinking of something else.
I have just read your post Again and realise you didn't say what I said you did say.etc,etc all honourable.
I was using a Chinese keyboard. (I would of accepted that with a laugh)

You say " in the hope that the 'lies' could be explained." That has always been my point !, He hasn't explained his lies despite the above options.

You say " But you continued with a rant that suggested that you had history with him."
I didn't continued anything ?. I answered his lying egotistical sob story POST ! yes with more than just a dozen caveman grunts. He was given more opportunities than Hughie Green to correct his lies

You say " irritating" I can appreciate this from the point of anybody who isn't involved directly. Who don't have to read or comment on it if they choose.

You say " Just a word of advice from decades of forum participation, if you are going to make a comment about someone's spelling, just make sure your own spelling is up to critique."
Thankyou I will try to improve my spelling. it was not a specific spelling criticism just a way of reaffirming that I would not edit someone else's text.
By the way honorable is spelt with a U in it.

In general I agree its all been an unfortunate episode and not helped by other people getting involved. Yes I admit its got my goat. Not helped by other fly byes prolonging it further by making light of it.

There are other opinions you have expressed that we perhaps don't agree on and some we do.
However I have no beef with you Clf. and again thank you for your attempts at mediation with Tantallon.
Old 25th September 2018, 17:47   #62
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post

However I have no beef with you Clf. and again thank you for your attempts at mediation with Tantallon.

Come now old chap, that is a bit of a disappointing anticlimax.

Clf clearly has many faults, let's bring them out in style and with poise!
Old 25th September 2018, 18:03   #63
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post
Dear clf.
Thankyou sincerely for you efforts of mediation with Tantallon.

You say " it was quite obviously formatting error/issue. It is obvious, so obvious that you even believe it! (your comment mentioning an honorable explanation or words to that effect, suggests that)."

The precise words I used were.
"You have been given a few honourable escape routes, but still persist to lie."
Using the word honourable for the benefit of Tantallon. This has nothing to do with me believing it was a formatting error nor does it suggest that. Just giving him an opportunity to explain it away, which I would have accepted.
(Although a precise insertion 2 lines up into my post is not a formatting error.)
Also the lies and sob story, one of which he quickly deleted.
The honourable escape routes could have included
I made a mistake.
I made a formatting mistake. (offered by yourself, albeit me biting my lip)
I miss quoted I was thinking of something else.
I have just read your post Again and realise you didn't say what I said you did say.etc,etc all honourable.
I was using a Chinese keyboard. (I would of accepted that with a laugh)

You say " in the hope that the 'lies' could be explained." That has always been my point !, He hasn't explained his lies despite the above options.

You say " But you continued with a rant that suggested that you had history with him."
I didn't continued anything ?. I answered his lying egotistical sob story POST ! yes with more than just a dozen caveman grunts. He was given more opportunities than Hughie Green to correct his lies

You say " irritating" I can appreciate this from the point of anybody who isn't involved directly. Who don't have to read or comment on it if they choose.

You say " Just a word of advice from decades of forum participation, if you are going to make a comment about someone's spelling, just make sure your own spelling is up to critique."
Thankyou I will try to improve my spelling. it was not a specific spelling criticism just a way of reaffirming that I would not edit someone else's text.
By the way honorable is spelt with a U in it.

In general I agree its all been an unfortunate episode and not helped by other people getting involved. Yes I admit its got my goat. Not helped by other fly byes prolonging it further by making light of it.

There are other opinions you have expressed that we perhaps don't agree on and some we do.
You seem to have misunderstood about the spelling, I wasnt the one criticising another member about their spelling, with spelling mistakes in that rant. (I cannot think of another term for it). honourable didnt look correct especially with its underlining in red by the US English spellchecker utilised (utilized ) by the forum, but

I used the term' 'lies' ' with an inverted comma/apostrophe to show a quotation as well as hopefully highlighting what I still believe any right thinking (my opinion) person would know was not a lie, but a mistake. To suggest someone is lying is offensive especially when they have not lied! But to fly off the handle at someone who did not deserve such venom, was wrong and to continue is silly (again my opinion). I do not know what is going on in your life for you to have done that without reason (just because you believe it to be a lie does not make it so!), but I believe you should refrain from associating with others if you cannot control it.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 25th September 2018, 18:05   #64
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Come now old chap, that is a bit of a disappointing anticlimax.

Clf clearly has many faults, let's bring them out in style and with poise!
I havent forgotten my promise to you MSS. To post a 'not for sale' for sale ad of my car. Just a little awkward getting photos organised lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 25th September 2018, 19:31   #65
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I have a confession to make.

I don't read each and every post on each and every thread, quite honestly I simply don't have the time.

Sadly though some threads seem to escalate from normal conversation to full blown keyboard warrior status very quickly.

If there is a post made that you are unhappy about then use the report button, the OTT posts on this thread are an embarrassment to the posters.
Bravo guys, well done. Thread closed
Closed Thread