Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th November 2017, 18:40   #511
Simulator
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Thanks guys, will carry out those connections, probably not till next weekend - dark evenings.
Sean, that was weird ,that damaged sd card, never come across that before.
Thanks for all your help.
Simulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2017, 07:57   #512
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

An annoying niggle has developed in that from time to time i loose sound from the back of the car. Turn on and off doesn't resolve it but pressing the reset button does.
Any ideas
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2017, 13:49   #513
Simulator
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Hi Jeff, Before carrying out the splicing you suggested I decided to carry out further continuity checks on the swc wiring and rotary coupling using your instructions on earlier threads. I found that I am getting some continuity from iso connector to the plug on the switch side of rotary coupling but no continuity between other contacts. This seems to mean that I do have a problem with the rotary coupling. My question is, is it possible to repair the rotary coupling, I assume it is some type of ribbon cable. Alternately how important is it to make sure I buy the correct part no. rotary coupling.

Gerry
Simulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2017, 10:37   #514
Djangoz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Intermittent rebooting shortly after driving off

Just recently my Navall Star has developed a tendency to do what appears to be a reboot about 5 mins after starting up the car and driving off. The screen goes black and after a few seconds the boot logo appears and then the Home screen before after about 20- 30 secs in total (estimated) the unit reverts to whatever it was doing before - for example listening to the radio or music from the SD card. Usually there is a brief display of about three words of text on a grey background where for example the unit would report new emails received etc. which says something about Google Assistant. I do not have a 3g dongle and the unit is not normally tethered to my phone except for bluetooth for calls and very occasional bluetooth music audio (wireless hotspot setting to "off" in my phone).
It doesn't seem to matter whether the unit is switched on or off before starting the car as the same behaviour is observed. This is happening about 80% of the time and just the once associated with each session of driving. No work has been done on the car electrics or the unit for several months. The only accessory fitted is the wireless reversing camera (and the sat nav aerial of course).
Any idea what might be happening?
Djangoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 06:48   #515
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djangoz View Post
Just recently my Navall Star has developed a tendency to do what appears to be a reboot about 5 mins after starting up the car and driving off. The screen goes black and after a few seconds the boot logo appears and then the Home screen before after about 20- 30 secs in total (estimated) the unit reverts to whatever it was doing before - for example listening to the radio or music from the SD card. Usually there is a brief display of about three words of text on a grey background where for example the unit would report new emails received etc. which says something about Google Assistant. I do not have a 3g dongle and the unit is not normally tethered to my phone except for bluetooth for calls and very occasional bluetooth music audio (wireless hotspot setting to "off" in my phone).
It doesn't seem to matter whether the unit is switched on or off before starting the car as the same behaviour is observed. This is happening about 80% of the time and just the once associated with each session of driving. No work has been done on the car electrics or the unit for several months. The only accessory fitted is the wireless reversing camera (and the sat nav aerial of course).
Any idea what might be happening?
Could be worth a full reset
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 12:39   #516
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Your head units will arrive with the club logo installed.
They have the MG, Rover and Rover facelift badges preinstalled, so if you want to change to any of those Please go to "car setting ---> Common ---> Boot Logo (Password: 9999) --- Select your logo there.

Can anyone else with a Navall Star confirm that the above password 9999 works, as not recognised by my unit

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 13:26   #517
KernowRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon, 2.5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Can anyone else with a Navall Star confirm that the above password 9999 works, as not recognised by my unit

Hi Rob
I have just tried 9999 on my unit and it didn't work.
Unfortunately I tried a few other combinations, all that achieved was to loose the satnav.
Can anyone please remind me how to load the satnav again?
Many thanks
Tom.

The Walnut Bling King.

KernowRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 13:45   #518
trebor
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernowRover View Post
Hi Rob
I have just tried 9999 on my unit and it didn't work.
Unfortunately I tried a few other combinations, all that achieved was to loose the satnav.
Can anyone please remind me how to load the satnav again?
Many thanks
Tom.
Same thing has happened to me, hopefully have an update later

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 25th June 2018 at 17:11..
Old 25th June 2018, 17:11   #519
trebor
This is my second home

I had managed to uninstall the IGO file from the internal memory , now sorted

First of all go to car settings in the menu, select navigation and see what filepath it is pointing too, if not IGO check to see if it is one of the options and if so select it and you should be ok.

If IGO is not an option you need to reinstall it on the units internal memory

Go to the app screen and select ES Explorer, put the sat nav card in its slot and you can download from the card onto the internal memory it only takes a short while.

Now go back to the car settings in the menu and choose navigation and IGO should now appear as an option to choose and thats it

Robs Car Gallery

Old 25th June 2018, 20:22   #520
trebor
This is my second home

I still have a couple of issues however DVD drive not working , tried different DVDs and just says loading.

My I Pod not working either again says " loading " but doesnt ! I have tried both USB connectors on the back of the unit but still no joy, it is an early I Pod

Anyone with a Star any ideas ?

Robs Car Gallery