Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th February 2024, 12:24   #1
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default Lpg

Any of you LPG guys managing to get autogas.? I have a flogas dealer near me who only sell LPG autogas and bottles , but nothing else. He has not had a delivery now for 6 weeks as far as i can tell. I am running on petrol only now , and have been using the super octane. Now i cannot find any , and had to fill up with E10. I still am a little apprehensive about this stuff , sitting in the fuel tank . Looking at photos on here of wiring stripped to the fuel sender and related issues, does this stuff , as it acts as a solvent,destroy the insulation on wiring ,submerged ? Seems logical that if ordinary petrol has done this to other owners cars ,then this E10 could be even more harmful....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2024, 15:32   #2
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

As E10 is ok for a Mark 1 Freelander i think our cars will be OK - See cut and paste from the Gov Website on E10.

E10 petrol is cleared for use in all Land Rover vehicles with petrol engines starting from model year 1996.Older vehicles should continue to use E5.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2024, 19:18   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Thanks for that. I have seen some reports saying the same. I think it was to do with rubber seals/gaskets etc in the fuel system. I wondered if electrical insulation , as in the fuel tank , had been upgraded at all ,or was already adequate. ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2024, 22:47   #4
Tracker
Loves to post

MG ZT

I'm an LPG user living in North Essex and commuting into East London. There are only two places I can get autogas in East London - Morrisons in Chingford where it has recently gone up from £0.799 per litre to £0.899 per litre, and a Texaco station in Barking where it's £0.92 per litre. In Essex there's an independent fuel supplier who has it at £0.99 per litre.
Running the KV6 at these prices the cost saving is quite small (about £0.05p per mile) because of the lower mpg on gas compared to petrol and a full tank of gas will only get me about 250 miles, but I console myself with the thought that gas is more environmentally friendly. Autogas supplies are also unreliable. Quite a lot of people use the Morrisons facility and they regularly run out or the pump breaks down which is a nuisance as I have to make a 30 minute detour to get there only to find it's often unavailable. There's a helpful LPG supply map I subscribe to that can sometimes flag up temporary unavailability if people report it, but it's not so easy to find out when it's on again. When petrol prices were up around £1.80 per litre autogas seemed to stay at the prices it still is now so the savings were more worthwhile, but now that petrol is less than £1.40 and autogas at nearly £1.00 the benefit of gas is marginal. At least I bought my car with the LPG system already installed so I haven't had to recover the cost of that which would have taken a long time. I find the car runs very well on gas with no difference to the general performance, and using full tanks on both systems you get a total range of well over 500 miles which is not bad for a KV6.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2024, 11:04   #5
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

I've been running lpg since 2000, swopping to a 75/KV6 from 2007. The KV6 has a newer multipoint injection system, which I'm still using today (with replacement parts over the years).
Firstly, I get NO difference in mpg on either fuel.
Secondly, if I fill up with petrol, I use the cheaper of the 2 types (I get confused over the E5/E10 number as it is so infrequent).
Thirdly, where I live, I have to travel 15 miles to get lpg, had this for years. I don't rely on the lpg fuel gauge, I reset the trip mileage to zero when I fill up, and use 200 miles as 'Empty', though in practice I get at least 230 miles. As I regularly am in the area of the pumps, in 3 directions from home, I fill up when convenient, but aim to do so around the 150 mile mark so I don't go out of my way.
The normal place is Morrisons (St.Ives), been something like 82p since Covid, but about a month ago went up to 95.4. Today was 99.9.
The other regular is Morrisons (Wisbech), I'm not there as often, but similar pricing; but was 99.9 last Tuesday.
The 3rd one is usually my favourite. Peterborough Gas depot, last time I wnt about 6 weeks ago, around 72p. Last Tues I went there, sign outside (never seen one there before) saying 95.9. However the gate to the pump was closed, with a sign saying 'no autogas until further notice'.
They did that for a while around Covid, I think there was a delivery driver's strike? But the pump is quite old, so they be upgrading that?
Morrisons have sold on all their fuel stations, I suspect that is why prices of gas have changed. The new owners are still trading as Morrisons by agreement with Morrisons, I did wonder if there would be changes and they would cease lpg.
There are at least 3 other sites in Peterborough that have stopped lpg, and Shell have also ceased selling it - I suspect due to th number of EV chargers they are installing.
Makes me wonder if lpg is falling out of favour.

Last edited by StewartIngram; 17th February 2024 at 11:09..
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2024, 13:45   #6
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Morrisons in Wellingborough still sell autogas.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote