Notices

Old 10th December 2021, 12:26   #162831
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisterboy View Post
Well my wife just called to say we are going to a charity auction next week.
My son and Daughter attended a play session at a charity that deals with Autism a few weeks ago and my daughter painted a picture of a Christmas Tree (She's 4 years old), well you know kids they just slap paint on and on and I just left it at the play centre to dry off and pick it up another time

Well the play centre called yesterday, trying to reunite the picture, we said it was ours and we were just told today it's going into a charity auction to raise funds for the charity.

It's a posh affair, so shirt and tie job, taxi there and back paid for.

And here was me thinking the pictures may have been binned.... Looks like I have a budding Picasso in the making....
What a treat and a delight to have your daughter’s painting auctioned. Have a wonderful time

A couple of years ago, when I posted up about one of our nephews in Nairobi having autism, I was slammed by another member here for using the term autism, the member took offence. My nephew is a lovely chap who lives with us, he is 23 and suffers from severe epilepsy and incontinence, he has no speech and is sometimes violent with lashing out biting anyone close. We provide care for him 24 hours a day with live in carers. When possible we take him out on safari as he loves to see the animals and he goes to a stables with one of the carers as he likes to ride on a horse. I hope you won’t be offended for my reference to autism. We helped him to do a correspondence course for O’levels and he achieved passes in English language. We don’t know what the future holds for him but he is loved for who he is.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 12:30   #162832
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisterboy View Post
Well my wife just called to say we are going to a charity auction next week.
My son and Daughter attended a play session at a charity that deals with Autism a few weeks ago and my daughter painted a picture of a Christmas Tree (She's 4 years old), well you know kids they just slap paint on and on and I just left it at the play centre to dry off and pick it up another time

Well the play centre called yesterday, trying to reunite the picture, we said it was ours and we were just told today it's going into a charity auction to raise funds for the charity.

It's a posh affair, so shirt and tie job, taxi there and back paid for.

And here was me thinking the pictures may have been binned.... Looks like I have a budding Picasso in the making....

Nice one Mooch off your talented kids.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 12:34   #162833
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Afternoon Phil, Just back from dropping her off, It's a well known problem with them apparently & there are no third party parts for it. Most of the dashboard has to come out to get to it as it's buried deep in there , I should imagine that's a big chunk of the price.

Hey good news your Aneurysm hasn't got any worse. Blimey! It must be a nightmare travelling overseas with all these restrictions in place, hope all works out for you.

The HDD on that "bargain" PC I got off ebay is suspect & throwing up lots of Stop Codes, It's a machine that was upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The Windows OS is getting the boot anyway so for the price of a £12 SSD that's big enough for my requirements isn't worth messing around with it, Just ordered one off our good friends at Aliexpress
Hi Ian, thank you for your good wishes, thank you very much.

To change the heater matrix in our 4x4 is also the same process, but using second hand OEM part not 3rd party and the dashboard has to come out for access, an all day job or 2 days, one of those piddling jobs no one likes doing.
Old 10th December 2021, 12:36   #162834
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Ian, thank you for your good wishes, thank you very much.

To change the heater matrix in our 4x4 is also the same process, but using second hand OEM part not 3rd party and the dashboard has to come out for access, an all day job or 2 days, one of those piddling jobs no one likes doing.

Exactly, You'd have to be a contortionist to get some of that dashboard fixings out in the footwells, Well past what I can do these days.

Old 10th December 2021, 13:20   #162835
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Just been and collected the Bear. Shall not be using that garage again. Only went there as they were honest and up front on the Smart car repairs. Obviously they were totally out of the water with the V8, seeing it was the first time they had seen one.

4 jobs to do and they got three of them done, eventually. So I’ll have to ask Matt to do the 4th job.

Still at least she is home.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 13:55   #162836
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

These pointer pups cracked me up today https://i.imgur.com/lPlHgYm.mp4

Old 10th December 2021, 14:50   #162837
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Well past what I can do these days.
Been out of my comfort zone as well, putting up the bleedin' christmas lights at the front. I'm not good with ladders now, my sense of balance is off. At one point I had one foot on the ladder and the other on the wall, kept feeling as if I was going to take a header off the wall.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 16:40   #162838
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Been out of my comfort zone as well, putting up the bleedin' christmas lights at the front. I'm not good with ladders now, my sense of balance is off. At one point I had one foot on the ladder and the other on the wall, kept feeling as if I was going to take a header off the wall.
After hearing from Richard about his accident, the thought of you being up a ladder without a hard hat, Doc Martens, a safety harness, is terrifying please be careful
Old 10th December 2021, 17:31   #162839
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
After hearing from Richard about his accident, the thought of you being up a ladder without a hard hat, Doc Martens, a safety harness, is terrifying please be careful
Its a bungalow Phil, no bl00dy way I'd be up a ladder at a double storey house.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2021, 18:30   #162840
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, dog walked, the replacement wallpaper given two coats of emulsion, while the paint was out I gave a couple of the bathroom walls another coat.

Now sat down with a Guinness, fire on, and watching TV.