Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th October 2020, 15:15   #1
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

Default Rear arms

A big thanks to Kevin at the MG Rover Centre in Wickford, who replaced my rear arms (upper and lower) and springs yesterday.

Kevin showed me the remains of the upper arms when these were off the car; the circular area where the springs sat was 'moth-eaten' and close to the spring pushing through the top skin of the arm. Both springs were broken, which gave the car a very low stance.

Kevin also replaced the faulty (recent) track rod ends, supplied by another trader; these failed after less than 1 year on the car. The rubbers had perished and split in several places, let water in and created significant play in the steering.

It is a completely different car to drive now - smooth and precise. And I can now drive over speedhumps without scraping the underside!
Old 13th October 2020, 15:39   #2
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Smile Do this too

Strongly suggest you now get thick underbody and cavity protection onto the new arms before winter and the salt start the rot again. All the best
Bit later - have just seen a great update from DMGRS relating to a new batch of Upper Arms - Quote

'We are currently in the later stages of having these arms redesigned to our own specifications, and look forward to providing owners with a more detailed update in the next few weeks.
These arms will be protected from corrosion both inside and out, will be made of top-quality steel and most importantly of all - will be incredibly competitively priced. '
Have highlighted the section above because it's so relevant and should be of interest to all club members I think.

Last edited by Rickshaw; 13th October 2020 at 15:50.. Reason: found extra info for club members which hope of use
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2020, 15:48   #3
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickshaw View Post
Strongly suggest you now get thick underbody and cavity protection onto the new arms before winter and the salt start the rot again. All the best
Hi Rickshaw,

I taped all but one of the holes up and filled them up with Bilt Hamber Dynax!
Old 13th October 2020, 21:34   #4
Rickshaw
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer, 2 X75 Saloon , MGTF Sunstorm

Thumbs up Great

Just shows - great minds DO think alike! Anyway it's good to know another one of these cars will be active for a good while yet.
All the best.
Rickshaw is offline   Reply With Quote