Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th July 2017, 21:35   #7041
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rover View Post
Loving the walnut Finish on the interior.

A great mod one that makes the ZT interior even more nicer too be in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
I agree.

CLF's looks amazing.

I argued with myself for a month about whether I should be leaving the ZT interior as it came. Spent a fortnight driving the tourer, couldn't get the walnut out of the blood.

Now the next problem, I have the best kept alacantra interior I've ever seen, not a mark on the bolsters. I love it, yet I think I want to put black leather from a contemporary in

I did change it just over a year ago, to personalise it a little, but without going to extreme though. (had a light Oak wheel recovered along with the gear selector and handbrake). Like you Gerard, I hate the thought of removing the originality, which is why I bought separate items, and stored the originals. I can change it all back to standard if I ever need to

Attached Images
File Type: jpg footwell lit.jpg (128.7 KB, 100 views)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 9th July 2017 at 21:37..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2017, 21:45   #7042
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Yep, when I took the light oak out of my saloon I was a bit heavy handed because I had no intention of ever putting it back.

I've done this one with kid gloves because although I can't imagine ever selling it, I've sung that song before, so I want to be able to at least give a future owner the chance to factory reset
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 08:06   #7043
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-C View Post
Finished fitting my s/s bolts, started this last weekend but one of the bolts securing the headlight decided to snap, had to take the bumper and headlight off and heat it up. Looks a bit tidier now

Next on you to do list should be obtaining a new air intake duct before your MAF takes a hit

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 08:32   #7044
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

While paying the toll at the Tyne Tunnel on Monday evening, the drivers side window decided to die an unceremonious death

So yesterday evening I stripped off the door card, water shedder, etc and was greeted with a snarled up cable.

Now I had obtained a spare regulator from a local member, however on inspection I decided not to use it, owing to the fact it too was about to to rapidly self destruct.

Cue a phone call to another local member to whom I'd given a regulator a couple of month back, and he hadn't needed to use it.

So with no drivers window fitted, off I trotted to collect it.

After deciding to tackle this job, it would appear that a common denominator causing failure was becoming more apparent.

Where the outer cable the one with the extra rubber coating on fits into the spring loaded ferrule adjacent to the motor, the exposed end of the cable sheath is prone to rusting..........

......leading to inner cable failure.

So armed with a dremel fitted with a wire brush, I removed as much of the corrosion as possible, then treated the cable sheath with rust converter.

Once done, I then packed the coils of the outer cable with LM grease to prevent further water ingress.

Once refitted to the car, the slides and window guides were treated with Teflon spray, the window glass cleaned and refitted and a few up and down operations to check for smoothness.....all is right with the world

This mornings job was to refit the water shedder, door speaker, and finally with new fir tree clip the door card.

So it may be a preventative job to carry out next time you delve into the door, as this is obviously a common failure point.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg window regulator.jpg (128.7 KB, 158 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2017, 21:05   #7045
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

After a couple of advisories at MOT time last month I treated Redfive to new track rod ends, front drop links and rear dampers.
Don't often bother with the spanners much anymore but with the offer of the use of a dry workshop with a lift I decided to have a go myself.
Had to cut the old drop links off but other than that all went well.

Cheers Ian
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 06:16   #7046
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Well I am feeling a bit guilty as I had no idea my ZT-T cdti air filter was in such a state. Ordered a service kit from Matt at DMGR and did the oil and filter change and the fuel filter last week. Yesterday between the showers I did the air filter.

The contrast between the fluffy white clean one and what I removed was amazing.

Being used to LR petrol/LPG V8's where the air filter has a few flies in it and not much else - I was staggered at the state of mine!

I will be checking this regularly now! My sons tell me that Turbo Deisels are hard on air filters - from the state of mine I would have to agree.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0380.jpg (141.2 KB, 33 views)
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 12:55   #7047
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Amazing what a few days off can do!

At last fitted my Black Oak Dash- the old dash came out easily but I was surprised at how many of the retaining screws for the vents/clock were loose.

I suspect this was the cause of the odd annoying rattle.

My grateful thanks to whoever it was who suggested protecting the centre binnicle trim from being scratched by the dash when it goes back in. Without me being forewarned about this I could have ended up with a nice dash but scratched trim.

It now looks the dogs danglies - especially with the DD unit fitted.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 14:11   #7048
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
-snip-

It now looks the dogs danglies - especially with the DD unit fitted.
Picture????
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 15:23   #7049
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Treated the Bear to a good wash n polish. Had already done the Banana earlier on.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 15:54   #7050
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,took the front off and replaced the a/c condenser,almost as bad as the photo Jules has previously posted warning us to check them.Mine had about 40% of the cooling fins missing and the rest disintegrating to the touch.Wanted to check the brushes on the fan but had no time as the mobile a/c guy was booked for the regas so all put back.Annoyed as he did not turn up.But checked the intercooler connections and despite fitting viton o rings last year found a slight movement on the pipe joint,just enough to have a smidge of oil and top o ring showing above recess,so cleaned and joint strengthened by jubilee clips as recommended on this site.Regards Ry...
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote