Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd September 2018, 07:06   #11
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

I suppose they were getting desperate by this point and would have considered the possibility of it hurting the brand but seeing a quick profit in buying cheap and selling on with a significant profit margin may have been amongst many a last ditch attempt to keep afloat ...
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 07:09   #12
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
No hammer required on a City rover, just push with a finger and the steel will deform
Ahhh the shhh ity rover,
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 07:22   #13
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I know somebody who bought one new with all the option boxes ticked, when it arrived he was shocked at how bad it was. It creaked and rattled and though mechanically reliable the trim was constantly falling off.

The dealer did there best to try and fix his complaints but it was like polishing a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-.

He part ex it in against something else in less than 6 months and lost a lot of money.

Saying that there is one near me I see being driven by an elderly couple, looks in good condition but I expect it only goes to the shops once or twice a week and probably never driven in the rain or snow.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 07:44   #14
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
No hammer required on a City rover, just push with a finger and the steel will deform
That is the new shape-adaptation technology - a bit like in the T-1000 terminator model but not quite as advanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I know somebody who bought one new with all the option boxes ticked, when it arrived he was shocked at how bad it was. It creaked and rattled and though mechanically reliable the trim was constantly falling off.
Perhaps it was designed like that to fit in with the rest of Rover range?

I know...
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 08:05   #15
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I did the launch course for these and got into a bit of trouble for voicing my opinion. They used to be pushed off the transporters as the fuel was that poor it had degraded by the time the cars had arrived at the dealership. There was about a 4 page A4 document of campaigns to do at PDI. I was against them as the Rover 100 which was a good car had effectively been replaced by these. Very very basic cars that should of been around £4K selling for double and diluting the brands image. However, I’d own one now. It will always be part of MGR’s timeline, we had one traded in at work but I just couldn’t bring myself to hand over the required £200. Programming remote locking using a remote with a wired ‘fly lead’ plugged into a connector under the seat was an early sign of what was to come. There are a handful of mk2 cars about which were about to be launched after closure and they are supposed to be better?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:51   #16
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
There are a handful of mk2 cars about which were about to be launched after closure and they are supposed to be better?
That wasn't difficult.

From what I heard some dealers were rejecting them they were so bad.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 10:16   #17
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

I had one of these for a while...........

Yes I agree........ they looked terrible.....inside and out.

BUT

For an everyday, pop into town and back, oldy mobile car it was great.

They drove ok, good vision all round and the seats were high enough to just slip in and out of without having to drop down much.

Ideal for the less mobile older customer.

But yes........... I got rid of it fairly quickly LOL
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 10:24   #18
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Mmm Tata Indica

I've never T4'd one of these, however I do have all of the dealer tools
I got asked to, my reply was “sorry but my T4 is to precious to me”.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 10:58   #19
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

I had one of these for a week as a loan car from (as was) local MGR main dealer whilst my 45 was in having some warranty work done.

It was only a few weeks old when I had it and it was awful. It ran ok, but the interior was creaky and didn't give the impression time and use would be kind to it.

When we returned it the salesmen asked me what I thought of it, and when I was vague and non-committal, he then tried to flog one to my wife as the perfect shopping/run around car for a woman .
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham

Last edited by Mogodon; 23rd September 2018 at 11:01..
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 11:26   #20
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
I got asked to, my reply was “sorry but my T4 is to precious to me”.
Mick
Did they connect to T4 properly? Would have thought an old kettle lead and a Fisher Price Speak'n'Spell would have been enough